When I was 18.................

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When I was 18.................

The post's in the topic 2010 got me thinking. One, can I reamember 18, that was some rough time's. And two, what was I doing back then.

When I was 18 I had graduated High School and moved out three days later, never to go back. Finished my first car (my Cougar) and built my first Harley, a '64 Pan Head. Started running around with some motorcycle enthusiast's, which opened and closed alot of doors.
    Had a lot of fun back then, even got into a little trouble now and then. At 18 I think that's expected of you. Hell, now I'm 37 and still have fun, and still get into a little trouble now and then.

So, can you remember when you where 18?

Re: When I was 18.................

Like yesterday......

I graduated in May '67.......two weeks later
    my buddy and I went to boot camp together.

I was young, six foot tall and bullet proof......the service
    was just an extension of my high school years.
    Trouble was just an arm lengths away.

Found out there were guys who could
    piss higher on the wall than me....a real learning experience
    that paid dividends later in life.

Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

I was still in HS (had to spend an extra year there due to being a lazy ass) had a pretty girl friend and was still acting like I was 14.I kinda woke up then and saw thats not how it was supposed to be.

Comment

Easy to remember, I was such a dork
        Turned 18, put up a personal ad on CL, and met a girl who is so similar to me, that it is creepy, but I was just too weird then and screwed that up
        boring year in my life other than that
        Rumors of my demise by rollover have been greatly exaggerated.

Comment

At 18 I was already out of school, GM of a restaurant and married to my girlfriend from high school. Had a few hot rods, two new cars and a Harley and thought I had the world by the tail..... If I knew then what I know now, I would have gone straight to college and waited on the work and marriage thing, but that was one of those life lessons I had to learn for myself. ;)

Nik

Comment

I enjoyed being 18 (the parts I remember).... I ordered a brand new trans am from the local dealer, had a cute little girlfriend, was legal drinking age (at the time in Canada), had a respectable job and no major responsibilities. Yeah I really miss it the more I reflect on it ;) ;) I almost forgot - I had lots of hair back then too!

Comment

Graduated in '89. Didn't much care for it. I had a helluva lot of fun when I was in college--learned how to work hard (2 and 3 jobs the whole time), figured out what I want to do in life, went back packing, hunting, fishing, skydiving, white water rafting, bungi jumping, bought a new truck, dated some girls, dated some women... That was a whole lot better than highschool. We tell our son to be sure he doesn't peek in high school.

Every year since then has been better. 2009 was the only rough year we've had, and I'm damn glad to see it gone, but compared to what a lot of other people go through, it wasn't that bad--just stressful and uncomfortable.

-Brad

Comment

Life was so simple.................................

Comment

Originally posted by purplecobra
                  Life was so simple.................................
                  Man ain't that the truth!

I remember one day the told me I was
                  shipping out.......needed to be packed and
                  ready in six hours........

took me thirty minutes
                  Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

I was working at a garage and waiting to go to basic, I turned 18 in July...left the folowing March and turned 19 in tech training. Pretty uneventful, life altering maybe, but still...uneventful...
                    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

I was still in school at 18 so it was living like there was no tomorrow!
                      Cruisen everynite, street racin, hangin out on Main street, oh yea Those "left handed cigarettes"
                      Started taking cars to shows the next summer, wiping out junkyards and storing the junk until the late 80s early 90s and then made a killing on the parts and still buy cars and parts but not as fast.
                      I miss those days so much sometimes that I get mad!!!!

Comment

Well i just turned 20 yesterday, so i remember 18 pretty well. I finished high school that year and started college. I bought my first car. Not a bad year for me.

Comment

Yup, 1975, listening to Queen and Supertramp on the eight track and planning my escape from home...
                          Michael from Hampton Roads

Comment

Drugged out of my mind.....

Comment

Oct. 1985. Senior year just started. My birthday fell on the day of the Homecoming game. The dance was the next night. I've had my first car for one month. I was driving to school everyday. (My goal since I was 16 which Dad did not want at all.) I was full tilt in the grip of Ulcerated Colitis and the stupid ass drugs the doctor prescribed to treat it. Hell was just a few months away.
                              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X