Xmas vacation pix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xmas vacation pix

We went away for a few days to Pa. Partially to help out my BIL and to relax. We had a good time, stayed in an old Victorian hotng isel that we like to stay in this sleepy little town called Wyalusing. Found out it's also the home town of the actress, Taylor Swift! Wyalusing is also right next to Camptown. You all know the song, Camptown races, this is the town the song is about. Wyalusing is what I call a witness relocation town *LOL* but I don't think it's going to stay that way too much longer though. This part of Pa is sitting smack dap of the Marcellus shale which contains probably the largest natural gas reserve in the country! The town is full of rough neck from TX, OK and LA.

The first night there the wind howling like a hurricane and was 15*. Our room was right in the front, on the second floor over the "hotel" sign. That's my Subie. It snowed the day we left, made for a fun drive.

Tom
    Overdrive is overrated

Re: Xmas vacation pix

Great looking town center there. Cool hotel!

Brian
    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

I'm freezing my ass off looking at those pics! :D
      Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Nice place ,looks like our town back in the 70's before the malls and illegals got to it.

Comment

Cool pics! minor correction tho Taylor Swift is from Wyomissing, right down the road from me.
          sigpic

Comment

Pretty little town. Either your Samsonite or your calendar must be broken, however. Wilmington is as cold as I want to be - we actually had FROST this morning! Keeps the bugs at bay a bit, though.

Dan

Comment

Lose the cars and you could tell me it was 1920 and I'd believe you. Very pretty little town.
              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rebeldryver
                Lose the cars and you could tell me it was 1920 and I'd believe you. Very pretty little town.
                I was thinking the same thing, cool town, thanks for posting!
                Rumors of my demise by rollover have been greatly exaggerated.

Comment

Working...
                X