Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bunch more photos from cruise nights, shows, and an auction, in southern Ontario

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bunch more photos from cruise nights, shows, and an auction, in southern Ontario

Hey guys

Realized today that all of the photos that I took late in the season, I never had got around to resizing and uploading them to my photobucket account. There are a bunch from various shows, cruise nights, and a collector car auction all around different locales in southern Ontario, mostly from late September and October ... apologies for the big shadows in some of them, but obviously the sun is going down pretty early in these parts by that time of the year.

Full album here:

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

And some of my favourite selections:

A friend's neat little track T with 2.3 Ford power:

58 Merc with the 430 Super Marauder mill:

Still my favourite Mopar, 67 Dart GT with the 273 4-bbl (my first car was a 67 Dart 270 with the 2-bbl version):

Rare Brit, a Triumph Stag, these were Rover V-8 powered:

The most perfect Dodge Colt you'll probably ever see:

Kaiser Manhattan:

Absolutely gorgeous BMW 6-series with a wicked turbo system plumbed in, my favourite German car:

72 Gran Torino Sport:

When is the last time you saw a late 70s Sunbird?

Or a perfectly restored Denimachine van from 1975?

cheers
    Ed N.
    Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
    07 Mustang GT with some stuff
    88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Re: Bunch more photos from cruise nights, shows, and an auction, in southern Ontario

Holy campout, Batman!! A Sunbird with the dealer accessory hatchback tent too!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want that Denim Machine.
    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Re: Bunch more photos from cruise nights, shows, and an auction, in southern Ontario

That Denimachine ROCKS!!

Comment

I like the neat old orange dodge P/U!! SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

luv the triumph

Comment

Re: Bunch more photos from cruise nights, shows, and an auction, in southern Ont

Wow, you take excellent pictures, Ed! And those are some really killer cars too. I think I love most all of them! The BMW is not a 6-series, but the predecessor to the 6-series: a CS or CSi (or maybe a CSL but highly unlikely) and they were built roughly from 68-75 with either a 2.5, 2.8 or 3.0 inline 6. They are my favorite BMW of all time - simply gorgeous beyond words.

By the way, I got a kick out of the German translation on the Do Not Touch sign in the window of the 59 Singlecab: "please don't touch yourself" LOL. The "sich" makes it reflexive.
            President, Wicked Rides Poland

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...eau-Club-Wagon

Comment

Great pics and what a cool bunch of cars too.I see another shiort sixties panel delivery too.They pop up these days.That Merc Marauder is a rare one.Bet there have been swedes all over it.

Comment

Nice pics Ed !
                I saw the Grand Torino sport at the show in Lake George NY last fall as well as the blue Chevy II.
                Im diggin the Sunbird with the tent.

Comment

Re: Bunch more photos from cruise nights, shows, and an auction, in southern Ont

Originally posted by yogreasygramma
                  Wow, you take excellent pictures, Ed! And those are some really killer cars too. I think I love most all of them! The BMW is not a 6-series, but the predecessor to the 6-series: a CS or CSi (or maybe a CSL but highly unlikely) and they were built roughly from 68-75 with either a 2.5, 2.8 or 3.0 inline 6. They are my favorite BMW of all time - simply gorgeous beyond words.

By the way, I got a kick out of the German translation on the Do Not Touch sign in the window of the 59 Singlecab: "please don't touch yourself" LOL. The "sich" makes it reflexive.
                  Not sure about my photo taking skills, I bought a cheap Samsung digital camera at WalMart this spring, I pretty much just point and shoot with it. I do know enough to try to keep the poles and trees from "growing" out of the car in the background if possibe.

Geez, you're right about the BMW, shows how much attention I was paying that day. Saw a beautiful 2-door and assumed ... I can't remember the last time I saw a CS series car in person, that's probably why my brain was telling me it was a 633.

The pics from the Chev delivery to the Sunbird were taken at the Oktoberfest car show in Kitchener, Ontario, which has a very strong German background. Probably one of the biggest Oktoberfest events in Canada from what I've heard, lots of fun the day of the car show anyway.

A few more ...

the rear of the Dodge pickup, have to love the fins:

neat Rallye 350 Olds sedan:

cheers
                  Ed N.

Comment

Im now salivating at the Trans Am.

Comment

Great pics - thanks for the shots.

Just to expand everyone's knowledge base. If the Stag has a Rover V8 someone put it in there (and it was a GOOD idea). The Stag came stock with a Triumph V8 that was SOHC (IIRC) and had to have the top end "stacked" when disassembled or assembled. What do I mean by "stacked", you wonder? One head (I think the left but it's been many moons) has to go on first, followed by the intake manifold, then the right head, which sort of tucked under the intake. Again, memory is a bit fuzzy but seems like the heads were interchangeable with or at least based on the TR7 SOHC head.

When I worked for Joe Dwyer they carried Fiat, Triumph, and Volvo (now Volvo/Subaru). They sent me and others to a one-day new product school for the new Triumph line when the Stag was coming out and they told us about this engine. Dwyer only sold a couple Stags and I left to go to work for EPA shortly thereafter so I don't know how the whole deal worked out but I understand the engine was NOT good.

Dan

Comment

Thanks for the clarification, Dan. Having never seen under the hood of one, I assumed that they were Rover V8s, you know what assuming does. ;D

I just remember being told by my buddy Stu, who is originally from Newcastle-upon-Tyne England, that the usual place for seeing one of those cars was dead at the side of the road.

cheers
                        Ed N.

Comment

thanks for the great shots of Ontario cars... Kitchener, London, Toronto or ??? something looks familiar in the backgrounds.

Comment

Some were from the Oktoberfest show in Kitchener, some were at the fall Waterdown show, some from a couple of cruise nights in Mississauga and Etobicoke, and the indoor ones from the last R-M auction at the International Centre by Pearson airport. I try to get around as much as I can. ;D

cheers
                            Ed N.

Comment

Thanks for sharing your pics Ed - quite a variety of cars too.
                              Phil / Omaha
                              Phil / Omaha

Comment

Working...
                              X