Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Login problem for AOL users

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick
    If you go to IE8 you'll have to add this site to the "View in Compatibility Mode" list under tools, otherwise while typing posts the text jumps around.
    Randal, I've been being driven crazy with the text jumping around while typing posts ever since I upgraded to IE8 and never knew why.
    Hope this fixes it ... I was about ready to dump the PC in the pool !!
    Thanks !!!
    ;D

Comment

what the hell working fine all day then blamo banned on aol now using I E

Comment

we don't use aol at work but lately the adware and spyware blocker goes ape sh!t when on this site..
        maybe that why aol blocks it..

Comment

Aol is not blocking the site. The issue appears to stem from the ban of a person who was using AOL. AOL appears to do some weird IP sharing as some research showed multiple people (not the same person) posting on the same IP address.

When the geek squad gets back into the office in the morning they are going to check it out for us.

You can view the site fine from AOL, but if you are an AOL user who happened to have been assigned the same IP as the guy that got canned, you get a banned message when you try to login through AOL. Working outside AOL you can login fine.

Brian
          That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Funny thing about that. I've used the browser in the AOL software to slide through firewalls. Such as like E-bay being blocked at work, with my personal laptop, if I tried to open E-bay in IE it would come up with a SonicFire Wall message saying the site is blocked, but if I openned it in AOL it would go no problem. I've done it else where too with "restricted" viewing connections. Another interesting thing it did a few years ago, was my friend was doing his own server hosting of a webpage, and when I was checking out his page through the AOL software (because it opened there from the email link) his server was hit with around 15 IP address, like 15 people were looking at his site. When I closed the browser it dropped to zero IP's, opened the site back up and he was showing 15 IP's again. Like a form of encryption where each IP only grabs a few bits of data and the AOL browser assembles the messaged on your screen from the different IP's.
            Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

AOL used IP Sharing back in the day to make their "connection" faster than anyone else. They could get bits of info coming through multiple IPs and then cram them together for you faster. This isn't necessary anymore, but they still do it. Sucks.

Use a real browser, like Firefox, and you'll have no problem. But, for those of you who don't want to do that, we are working on it.
              "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

Originally posted by Pumpkin
                Originally posted by min301
                SBC
                I knew you were a SBC lover at heart Bill :P.
                Don't tell...

Comment

Any developments on this yet?
                  I R Bob
                  You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                  2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Working...
                  X