X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gotta love Auto Zone

Well, they lost the strut rod bushings I ordered >
    I have no good experiences with AZ at all
    Rumors of my demise by rollover have been greatly exaggerated.

Re: Gotta love Auto Zone

The only "good" thing about Auto Zone is that they will (for free) hook up a scanner to your car and tell you what codes are causing your check engine light to come on... then you go to a mom & pop store and order the right parts.

Comment

Oh, well, I just called back and they have it, somebody misplaced the box :
      Rumors of my demise by rollover have been greatly exaggerated.

Comment

The last time I was at AZ looking for a t stat, they actually referred me to the NAPA down the street!
        Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

I used to refer people to NAPA from time to time depending on the item. Can't say I recall ever referring someone to Kragen or Pepboys.
          Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Our AZ is pretty good. They have a couple of decent managers and most of the staff is pretty experienced. Unfortunately, they just built an Advance at the end of the access street to our house so it's hard not to use them. So far they're OK but not really sharp. I use Car Quest when possible but they have shorter hours than the Big Box guys.

Glad they found your bits.

Dan

Comment

I have a "Carquest" a 1/2 a block from me but sometimes I go to "Autozone " just for the drive.
              Anyway I look up the part number I need and take it with me and have 0 problems.
              Now if I have a certain part that is just not a computer item like an intake fitting or a rear cam plug for a dodge I go to the old parts store because they probably have those parts in their pocket!

Comment

Like Dan's,the Auto-Zoo nearest to me is OK,order-wize & Inventory-wize,Hell,they even have a decent 'Performance Isle'--I bought a bunch of Stuff: Mr Gasket(Percy's?)re-sealable(re-useable)SBC Header Gaskets($19.99ea.),a pair of those Mr. Gasket re-useable Thermostat Gaskets($8.99ea.)and a SBC Intake Gasket set($19.99ea.)and a re-issued(made in China :)Sun-Super Tach($44.95ea.) ;D. ~J/W.

Comment

Rule to live by: Never trust a parts store with glass for the entire front wall, or one that doesn't have stools at the counter.

-Brad

Comment

AZ have there place.. If you need wax, light bulb etc etc... I love when the guys from the zone here in my town come down to get parts and advise of what they need.. makes me feel good !! Hell i have even shoped there myself for things, One store can never have it all or it would have to be about 20 million sq feet...... Oh Brad we even have stools at the counter !!!

Chuy

Comment

i like the parts stores that still have books behind the counter
                      and not only relying on computers
                      maybe the only good thing about AZ is there open on sunday

Comment

It's great when a shit on Auto Zone thread starts off with someone crapping on Auto Zone for a mistake they didn't make.
                        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

I'll stick with my Car Quest.

I want quality...

Comment

Originally posted by min301
                            I'll stick with my Car Quest.

I want quality...
                            Yessir!
                            Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Napa and oreillys here are good have had a few problems with
                              AZ's electrical parts (coils and sensors) but I have got a few
                              things from them. most the old hot rodders we had at the part stores
                              have past away :'(. As far as the parts houses Im glad we have them all!!!!!!
                              COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

Working...
                              X