• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tiresmoke!
    replied
    Re: Future classics/ investment

Kris, that frame of mind is spot-on!

Buying vehicles as an investment is akin to playing Russian Roulette.....chances are you're gonna lose.

Only way I'd buy a vehicle as an investment is if there was a good chance on return-of-investment(i.e., buying a Class 8 tractor and becoming an owner/operator).....the rest of it is overbown baseball-card trading, IMHO.

Doesn't bother me a bit knowing the "stupid money" won't affect 99% of the 3rd-gen F-bodies...just means I'll still be able to afford another one and have fun with it.

Leave a comment:

• Mr4Speed
    replied
    Re: Future classics/ investment

I still watch the third gen F bodies for some dumb reason and there are always several low mileage garage queens for sale on ebay, and they bring pretty good money when they're prefect, but I don't think they're ever going to be worth huge money. There just isn't anything built after the early seventies that has the "total package" of appeal to have any real legs as far as appreciation goes. There's a few exceptions I'm sure like GNX's, factory race Mustangs, ect. but they're already expensive enough now that they won't appreciate enough to be considered a good investment. You make your money when you buy-not when you sell.

Investment=property

Cars=enjoy from the drivers seat and don't lose money if you're lucky.

Leave a comment:

• ksj1
    started a topic Future classics/ investment

Future classics/ investment

What would you buy?60s and 70s cars have been the hot cars.80s Mustangs, Camaro's etc are out there at reasonable prices BUT how many are in great shape etc.
Working...
X