Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My annual "Keep the boxes from your Christmas sweaters!" thread

Originally posted by A/Fuel
    Not wanting to run to the auto part store, I made an intake/carb gasket out of a beer box once, it worked.
    You sir are my hero - improvisation at it's finest !
    Phil / Omaha

Comment

Re: My annual "Keep the boxes from your Christmas sweaters!" thread

Originally posted by DanStokes
      I'm not worried about my man card. ME's happy and that's all that counts.

As far as the craft store thing - she frequents them often - I frequent them rarely. They have some good stuff for car guys, like the afore-mentioned cardboard and foam core, which is useful for all sorts of mock-ups (that's how I figured out my spoiler). Also one of the few places to have China markers these days - great for marking metal for layout, laying out stripes, and all sorts of other stuff. The office supply stores around here only have black which is pretty much worthless on steel.

So I'm a real he-man - and I've been known to go in a craft store for car stuff.

Dan

Originally posted by Buickguy

Right, you stand the risk of losing your man card for two reasons 1) that you went into a craft store and admitted it; and/or 2) that you even know what's in a craft store ;D ;D ;D
      Not to try to one up you Dan but I went into a fabric store - bargain bin - soft black vinyl stuff (like cheap boat covers) and for less than $10.00 got enough to do the bench seats in my pickup. I was just tired of the houndstooth like seat cover I had on there. 30 days later I got my man card back too.
      Phil / Omaha

Comment

Working...
      X