F150 Accident

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F150 Accident

my fault, never bringing the dog anywhere with me again. I've never felt so bad in my life before, I've hurt this truck so much as I've driven her.
    slammed into a Saturn at a light, my bumper was caved in, the Saturn's bumper was cracked, I got out and asked the people in the car if they were OK, driver didn't talk, passenger said she initially had pains from the seatbelt, but she was OK, then as she rolled the window up, told me "You young kinds need to slow down and pay attention when you are driving" I don't even talk on the phone when I drive, driving is the most important thing in my life, I do my best to be the best, most of the time I don't even listen to the radio
    I got a ticket for Careless driving, which is a load of bull, it should be less than that, I was briefly distracted by Ozzy
    Pictures to come when I figure out my mom's camera
    Rumors of my demise by rollover have been greatly exaggerated.

Re: F150 Accident

That sucks the big one -
    Phil / Omaha

Comment

I'd fight the ticket especially if you just rear ended the Saturn and no one was hurt with relatively minor damage to both vehicles. In my thinking the only way the cop could give you a careless driving is either HE saw you driving in a careless manor or if the evidence suggested it such as skid marks that would be longer then skids marks for the posted speed or the driver of the Saturn filed it. Sucks big time. Hopefully some one on the boards will have the correct advice. Keep your chin up.

I wish I had my camera a couple weeks ago. Saw a cop texting while driving :.
      Tom
      Overdrive is overrated

Comment

The Ever Popular "Learning Experience". Sucks that it happened but it gives you a chance to figure out where you went wrong and not do that anymore.

Shortly after I got the Dakota I rear-ended a guy on a clear dry day. I hadn't had the Dak for very long and it it turns out that two things needed to happen: The truck needed new pads as the old ones were all glazed over (quickly done - with premium pads and new rotors) and I need to allow more distance between me and the car in front (still working on that one but better).

There's a tendency to blame something other than yourself (I do it too) but really, you don't rear end someone if you are operating your vehicle properly. No one was killed and you can learn from it. I know you will because I see that you are a good guy.

Dan

Comment

In Massachusetts if you rear end someone you're screwed. You are automatically at fault on the insurance. I'm guessing because you are automatically at fault, you can also be cited as well.

Sucks man, sorry to hear it.

Brian
          That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Careless driving I believe is the lowest ticket they can issue you for an accident, next step down is no ticket at all. If you rear-ended some one, you were careless. Better than neglegent or reckless.
            Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

I believe there is a ticket called "unsafe speed for conditions" or something like that. Basically, you weren't going over the posted speed, but faster than you should for the conditions out......dark, iced roads, traffic....things like that. 2 points I think. It sounds like you were distracted by your dog though, and that sounds hard to prove, unless you already said something to the cop. I feel bad for ya, did you tell your parents yet, and were you able to drive it home?
              Originally posted by TC
              also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

The favorite ticket to give out around here is "Failure to Maintain Lane". You know it's already bad enough when you slide your vehicle off the road covered in snow and ice, injuring no one, damage to only your own vehicle, if that, but if the highway patrol see's it stuck, you're ticketed AND it qualifies as points on your record. I know a few people go to court on it and the procecutor drop the ticket before court even starts. Of course those few people I know didn't hit anything, just slid off the road, one rolled his explorer. If they hit someone/thing I'm sure it wouldn't be dropped so easily.
                Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Been there.Done that.Sorry to hear about it though.Its never fun to smash into others cars.Well.at least people that havent done you something ;).

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick
                    The favorite ticket to give out around here is "Failure to Maintain Lane". You know it's already bad enough when you slide your vehicle off the road covered in snow and ice, injuring no one, damage to only your own vehicle, if that, but if the highway patrol see's it stuck, you're ticketed AND it qualifies as points on your record. I know a few people go to court on it and the procecutor drop the ticket before court even starts. Of course those few people I know didn't hit anything, just slid off the road, one rolled his explorer. If they hit someone/thing I'm sure it wouldn't be dropped so easily.

If they hit something you can throw in Destruction of Property.

Comment

If you hit someone from behind, you are at fault legally.
                      Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Originally posted by studemax
                        If you hit someone from behind, you are at fault legally.
                        You're 100% right. Is there such a ticket for "failure to maintain a safe distance" ? and would it be a lesser infraction than careless driving?
                        Originally posted by TC
                        also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

yep kinda sucks!!!!
                          COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

it sucks Toad, but the ticket you got is actually the least you can get (around here anyways). In all the states I've lived, if you rear end someone, you are automatically at fault - even if they are doing something stupid like backing up on the highway...

be glad it's not worse, life goes on!
                            www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

I hate running into people too, and as I get older I try as hard as possible to avoid that. Of course, I've done it more than I'd care to admit, from being young and inexperienced, to brake fade, to brake master cylinder failure.
                              President, Wicked Rides Poland

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...eau-Club-Wagon

Comment

Working...
                              X