I'm offical.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm offical.

Got my first carb rebuild done today. Man it felt great. Squirrel and SGM will probably read this and say: "That kid just got that ####ing thing rebuilt now!?" Cause they know how long I've been crutching along with a shitty fuel mixer on top of my very stock 350. Well a couple weeks ago I had my man ( family friend & shop owner) order me up a Q-jet rebuild kit. Today, he showed me how it all goes together. So I can't take any credit for the work but damn I was and still am excited. The truck runs great now too. Still heartless, gutless, and any other metaphor for slow, but I don't care. Ok I'm done now. ;D ;D 8) 8) :o :o ;D ;D :D :D :D :D
    Dustin in Pennsylvania

Re: I'm offical.

Congrats!

Next up, headers and an RV cam!
    The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

I love that feeling... it's what keeps me coming back to this junk...

K

Comment

Next up: Lot's of patch panels! But thanks for the thought.
        Dustin in Pennsylvania

Comment

Originally posted by SSChevyManiac
          Next up: Lot's of patch panels! But thanks for the thought.
          o come on patch panels dont make it run any better buy the cam/headders exhaust and wait for it
          , a case of spray foam for the holes problem solved

Comment

well done - nothing beats a serious tune up - even on an old tired engine - it's nice to have it running right again.
            ENJOY

I'm going to officially join the headers, dual exhaust, and cam camp - while leaving the body alone a while.
            There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Haha I'm glad you guys all want the headers and cam options, so do I, the salted roads up here feel differently though. The college budget doesn't help either. It does however have dual exhaust, 40 series flows that drone like hell and make people think its loud.

Old video from a couple years ago, same setup.
              <embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player...12007013.flv">

Playin in the snow, about as much as you can play with a stock truck anyway, or is it not stock since I changed the oil?
              <embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player...MVI_3062.flv">
              Dustin in Pennsylvania

Comment

Working...
              X