Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Okay, the TSA is going too far.

Originally posted by Buickguy
    PW I feel you angst... the reason I spent 35 hours getting home was because the monkeys at the NW Arkansas airport forgot to fill their de-icer truck so it took 2 hours to de-ice the plane..... I missed my connecting flight by an hour >

It didn't actually matter though because the United flight was 1 1/2 hours late......
    you mean XNA?

Comment

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

yep, XNA.
        The pisser about United was they were only "able" to put us on a "partner" airline (which is their words for "only United flights").... that doesn't mean that there aren't flights with space that are leaving - my wife left on Southwest the next morning - I'm still fighting with United over the extra cost.

Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

funny you were down here and didn't even stop by for a ride in the vette... :

Comment

Originally posted by Remy-Z
            Holy Crap!

I was just going for a laugh, guys!... :o
            I found it hilarious... but I have never had a security problem while flying. The most I've ever had to do was take my shoes off, far from a big deal.

I would turn around and walk out of the airport before allowing myself to be cavity-searched.
            The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Here's one from the mailbox that WILL make it to the site:

150 years ago, President Lincoln found it necessary to hire a private investigator - Alan Pinkerton for protection.
              That was the beginning of the Secret Service. Since that time, the federal government has produced a large number of multi-letter agencies such as: FBI, CIA, INS, IRS, DEA, BATF, etc., etc.
              Now we have the "Federal Air Transportation Airport Security Service". Can't you see them now, these 'highly trained' men and women in their black outfits with jackets saying across their backs: F. A. T. A. S. S.
              The FATASS's are of course supervised by a special section of the Home Land Security Section known as: Airport Security Service Home Office Logistics Enhancement Section or the A.S.S.H.O.L..E.S.
              I feel safer already.
              Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by Remy-Z
                Holy Crap !
                I was just going for a laugh, guys !
                Come on ... you know nobody can't fart around here without causing a major disturbance !!
                :D

Comment

Originally posted by joe_rocket45
                  funny you were down here and didn't even stop by for a ride in the vette... :
                  that would have been entertaining in the snow ;)
                  however, as a point of note - how would I know you're in NW Arkansas? my ESP has been broke for quite some time ;D

PW - lol, finally, truth in monikers
                  Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

The last time I flew was about three years ago. The g/f bought us a Sandals Jamaican trip. All inclusive, meaning you pay one price for air fare, food, booze, etc. She specifically requested (and paid for) non-stop flights there and back.
                    But no.
                    After going through the security stuff in Orlando (which wasn't too bad), we proceeded to fly a half hour to Ft Lauderdale. The way their air port is set up, you have to go outside to a different terminal to catch your next flight... so everybody goes through the security again. The line was about 100 yards long outside, on top of the line inside. They kept pulling people out of line to go to the front so they didn't miss their flights... took forever... it was ridiculous.

Same thing on the way home. The Jamaican airport wasn't too bad, but we still had to run to the end of the terminal to catch the plane. Then customs in Ft Lauderdale, then the ridiculously long line for the security check.

What I don't get: the security I went through wasn't that much different than what it was pre 9-11... so why does it take twice as long as it used to? *shrug*

Comment

My wife and I have gone to a convention together in the last 3 years. She has a hip replacement and a fused ankle.
                      So she gets a wheelchair etc ride to the front of the securety line. LOL But then the fun begins. She cant stand still with arms out without falling over and the TSA cant figure out how to scan her. They make her take off her orthepedic shoes and things get worse. She gets pissed but we get out of security a lot quicker than the healthy people. LOL
                      At the Denver airport ,DIA there are 3 concourses. But there are 2 security areas one for concourse A and one for concourse A,B and C. Those in the know avoid the ABC security and go to A concourse security and then catch the train to their concourse. The typical ABC security might have 300 waiting. A security will have 50.

Nick

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek
                        Originally posted by IRONHEAD
                        EAST WAY TO FIX THIS..
                        don't fly.. drive or take a train
                        and SEE this country you live in...
                        rant over
                        In our part of the country, train travel is 99.4% useless.

(unless yer a Hog or a Cattle...)
                        There haven't been any livestock shipments in years by rail - unless they're swinging beef in a reefer.
                        Omaha to Chicago = 9 - 1/2 hrs. for $51.00 one way
                        Omaha to Denver = 9 hrs. and 45 min. for $54.00 one way

The departure and arrival times are kinda weird but if you're patient it's different and fun for kids.
                        I went to Chicago a couple years ago to see the Red Wings play the Blackhawks and sat in the bar car drinking Beam & Cokes most of the way and then took a nap and read some, before I knew it I was there.
                        Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10
                          Originally posted by dieselgeek
                          Originally posted by IRONHEAD
                          EAST WAY TO FIX THIS..
                          don't fly.. drive or take a train
                          and SEE this country you live in...
                          rant over
                          In our part of the country, train travel is 99.4% useless.

(unless yer a Hog or a Cattle...)
                          There haven't been any livestock shipments in years by rail - unless they're swinging beef in a reefer.
                          Omaha to Chicago = 9 - 1/2 hrs. for $51.00 one way
                          Omaha to Denver = 9 hrs. and 45 min. for $54.00 one way

The departure and arrival times are kinda weird but if you're patient it's different and fun for kids.
                          I went to Chicago a couple years ago to see the Red Wings play the Blackhawks and sat in the bar car drinking Beam & Cokes most of the way and then took a nap and read some, before I knew it I was there.
                          This maybe true..... But the "Less'n yer a Hog or a Cattle" is a quote from a hilarious movie I haven't seen in years!! Planes Trains and Automobiles....

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by yogreasygramma
                            We're going to have to agree to disagree on this one. I actually took the time to look up the definition of democracy in a paper dictionary and on line. In both cases, we qualify. I'm sticking with my definition.

Dan
                            Dan, I know it's a very popular misconception, but the USA is not a democracy at all. It's a constitutional republic. We don't even elect our president by popular vote. Democracy is tantamount to majority (mob) rule, in a word. That's why we're set up the way we were, to protect the rights of all, including the minority, from the majority, by a rule of law, i.e. the Constitution. That is a major difference from our system and that of a democracy. It sort of bugs me when people errantly, albeit in most cases innocently, refer to our great country as a democracy when in fact it really isn't at all, and never was. And as a student of history, and as a proud American, I think our founding fathers really got it right by instituting the best possible system of government of the people, for the people, and by the people - the best system ever to be thought of and implemented in history. I'm equally saddened to see us slipping down the slippery slope into serfdom, away from limited government, to an all-encompassing government. I think that is a great tragedy, but it is a subject for another time and place (and not to mention, forum) ;)

[/quote]

Comment

Well, at least we can agree on something, huh? ;D :D ;)
                              President, Wicked Rides Poland

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...eau-Club-Wagon

Comment

Working...
                              X