Car Tweak Purgatory (with pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Tweak Purgatory (with pics)

Since I was little, I was used to being around loud, obnoxious cars. I would help out with whatever came down, whatever I could work on. And on some of them, I coined the term 'Car Tweak Purgatory'...working on something that you draw no satisfaction from, that you must be paying back Karma for. Meet my current punishment:

Theoretically, it's a 2001 Nissan Hardbody, the Middle Eastern relative of the Frontier. It's a bastard child..nose of a '97, bed of a '88, engine of an '82 (I checked, last installed in the Datsun 720). And as you can see, it's already been beat to hell and back. When we found it, all four tires were flat, it didn't run, had a punched ignition, etc...Well, it runs, drives, has the rod knock from hell, has almost 5" of play in the steering..

...has a sexuality issue (it was for the Mardi Gras parade we did out here). And guess who's tasked with the care of this loveable bucket of f...?

*sniff* I miss my Dodge...
    Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Re: Car Tweak Purgatory (with pics)

Remy,

Although even on my best day I could not find one complimentry thing to say about that truck, I will say this...THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE.

I know I sincerely appreciate the sacrifice and everyone else here does as well.

I do think I have a way to improve that horrid truck.....several thousand rounds from a .50 cal would do wonders.

Thanks man,

Brian
    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Damn.....I am a firm beliver that karma is a bitch...but I just cant see how you could piss someone off that much....deployed to the sandbox AND forced to maintain crap like that....atleast I only have to maintain gov't crap state side....

LMAO...just notices the SS on the tail gate....wishful thinkning huh?

Comment

I know your feelings exactly. When i was on deployments in the Navy i used to say i miss my jeep more than anyone else back stateside. Mostly cause a Jeep cant send you emails.

I love the truck and would kill for something like that back over here in the states. Ive always said, one of the few things i would ever consider swapping my jeep for would be a right hand drive, straight axle, 4-door, fuel injected (possibly turbo), Toyota Hi-Lux. In Tan (or white).

My first vehicle was an 87 nissan hardbody (se-v6). Who knows, one day you might find yourself with your dodge thinking... man i wish i still had that nissan. (maybe thats just me)

Comment

Maybe one of the tank engines mounted in the rear, like a wheel stander? Seems like there must be SOME way to make it fun!

I, too, thank you for your service. Damn, yer a big ol' boy, ain'tcha?

Dan

Comment

Hey, if you are a believer in karma, then anyone with a truck that fugly is bound to have suffered enough. That means you will probably remain safe for the rest of your tour. (I hope). And it also can't be said enough-
            THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE-

Comment

[quote=DanStokes ]

I was thinking the same thing, Dan.

That truck doesn't look so bad. You should have seen some of the junk I drove when I was young.
              Cognizant Dissident

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
                Remy,

Although even on my best day I could not find one complimentry thing to say about that truck, I will say this...THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE.

I know I sincerely appreciate the sacrifice and everyone else here does as well.

I do think I have a way to improve that horrid truck.....several thousand rounds from a .50 cal would do wonders.

Thanks man,

Brian
                couldnt have put it better ;D

Comment

Thanks for What you Do.

It needs Curb Feelers...

Comment

Just double park it in front of a M1A1 Abrams, nuff said.

Or, find a way to use it as AC130 target practice.

Come home safe!

Comment

Don't worry, once that front end goes (any day now, please...) it becomes cannon fodder for our pilots. Couple of rockets, maybe a Hellfire or two...and hopefully some Mosul junkyarding will dredge up either a Opel or Caprice.

Yeah, "big ol' boy" is correct. 6'3", 240 lbs, 16EE shoe. And the youngest brother is bigger..

Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Damn, your folks must have spend all their wages on food!

And I'm sure they are very proud of you, thank you!

Comment

My youngest son (step son, really) is 6'5", feet not quite so large (14s as I recall) and he's not as massive as you are. It's funny when we meet folks and I introduce him as "my son". I'm about 5'5" (now that I've shrunk from my former towering height of 5' 6 1/2"), and people look at me like "what happened?".

Come back safe!

Dan

Originally posted by Remy-Z
                          Don't worry, once that front end goes (any day now, please...) it becomes cannon fodder for our pilots. Couple of rockets, maybe a Hellfire or two...and hopefully some Mosul junkyarding will dredge up either a Opel or Caprice.

Yeah, "big ol' boy" is correct. 6'3", 240 lbs, 16EE shoe. And the youngest brother is bigger..

Comment

Park it on a hill....

and forget to set the e-brake/leave it in neutral. Yikes that is one fugly truck.
                            200 mph or bust.......

Comment

If we weren't flying... I was walking... Dude I'd love to have had that ...

Keith

Comment

Working...
                              X