The end of the second musle car age.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The end of the second musle car age.

In-depth coverage of the automotive industry, vehicle recalls, concept car releases, spy shots, auto show news, celebrity car crashes, first drive reports and more

GM axes future RWD plans and CAFE ends up hiking the the performance cars future price tags. No new plans for another G8?

If you want another crack at the muscle car you didn't buy in 1970, now's about the time to get in one... especially considering the three current candidates.

THANKS CALIFORNIA! >
    Cheap, slow, half-assed: Pick three

Re: The end of the second musle car age.

Yep, history does repeat itself.

Comment

By the time i can afford one of the three, i will be poised for a market of "slightly used".

Right now its just Mustang overload. Great car but in need of some serious opposition. Maybe America will realize what they have been missing once the Camaro and the Challenger hit the streets. There is some history I would love to see repeat.

Comment

My point is that it's not the manufacturers or the enthusiasts faults that these cars are going away three to five years from now.

The government is going to kill them AGAIN. >

Comment

The government didn't kill them either time. The manufacturers didn't want to put the effort in to make them work in the "new reality". Witness the cars we can buy today - as fast (or faster) as the ones from the "golden Age", much better fuel economy, better handling and braking. I was there and owned several of the sought-after cars of that time. They were great for their time. If the manufacturers want to put in the effort/spend the money, they can stay in the game. My guess is that they won't, and that's a shame. BTW - I worked in this arena for 31+ years and I actually know what I'm talking about - this is not "seems to me" type of information. If we ever meet up, I'll tell you the real story of what killed the Hemi - I was there and helped run the testing. Not for public consumption, but EPA was NOT at fault, and in fact we tried to help them pass.

Dan

Comment

If you look at the sales numbers of 70's firebirds/camaros/trans-ams you can see the demand for performance cars was alive and well so I'd love to know the real story...

Don't mess with my reality Dan! :D The government is the blanket scapegoat for everything in my opinion.

Comment

If you know Something, then this is the Place to Tell us all, You never know who is on the Boards, Even if they outlaw Gasoline someday, we will find away to Modify things to our own likings.

I know I will.

Comment

JR -
                I'll tell you the Hemi story at the track. Remind me.

Dan

Comment

:-\ i'll keep my nova. new 'musclecars' look gay anyway.

at least AMERICA deserves to have musclecars. not just japan & europe.

lets go take theirs.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.WFO
                    :-\ i'll keep my nova. new 'musclecars' look gay anyway.

at least AMERICA deserves to have musclecars. not just japan & europe.

lets go take theirs.
                    I'm with ya.It makes me sick when i read about another classic musclecar being shipped overseas.

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes
                      The government didn't kill them either time. The manufacturers didn't want to put the effort in to make them work in the "new reality". Witness the cars we can buy today - as fast (or faster) as the ones from the "golden Age", much better fuel economy, better handling and braking. I was there and owned several of the sought-after cars of that time. They were great for their time. If the manufacturers want to put in the effort/spend the money, they can stay in the game. My guess is that they won't, and that's a shame. BTW - I worked in this arena for 31+ years and I actually know what I'm talking about - this is not "seems to me" type of information. If we ever meet up, I'll tell you the real story of what killed the Hemi - I was there and helped run the testing. Not for public consumption, but EPA was NOT at fault, and in fact we tried to help them pass.

Dan
                      so where in the constitution is the epa mentioned ? or the government telling business what they can or cannot sell ?

Comment

Working...
                      X