Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Once in a while you see some truly unbelievable talent...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Once in a while you see some truly unbelievable talent...

This sand drawing evokes the strongest emotions, wrought from pure brilliance and love - a heart-wrenching story in sand.

President, Wicked Rides Poland

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...eau-Club-Wagon

Re: Once in a while you see some truly unbelievable talent...

Never seen anything like it. Girl has skills without question. Not to metion she's pretty good looking to.

Comment

Need more pics of the chick...........

Comment

Damn, I had to watch more...I think she has done this befor,,,,,,,,,ya think?
        Living the dream!

Comment

WOW! I understand the emotion in the audience. That is powerful stuff. I wish I could have understood the language (Russian?). I imagine that would make the statement even larger.

Thanks for making me think.

Comment

That was so cool........

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
            1966 Plymouth Fury III
            2014 Dodge Ram 1500
            Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
            Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

All I can say is WOW!!!
              Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Skills..wow..Hey Mike..what story is she drawing there??

Comment

I finally opened this thread and checked out the talent ....

.. I'm glad I did. Great stuff !!
                  ;D

Comment

Wash your hands and make me a Samich !

j/k pretty cool a
                    sigpic

Comment

NICE
                      but, what is she draw'n on..
                      it looks like some kind of projector..

and she looks like she's 14

Comment

Originally posted by Blazerteam
                        Skills..wow..Hey Mike..what story is she drawing there??
                        She does it so well, my guess is she has some personal involvement in the story. I can't quite get all the details, but it's a love story of a couple in a Ukrainian city who fall in love and have a baby, but not before war breaks out and the young man is called out to fight but obviously dies in the war. Destruction rains down, including bombing and fire, encompassing the city and destroying everything. However, the lady survives and grows old, as does the child, and at the end there's a painting of the soldier for him to be remembered by, and it's my guess that he might not have even known of the birth of the child. I'm assuming the army depicted in the beginning is the Nazi army overrunning everything and destroying the city. It's a sad yet magnificent depiction of war and survival, as only the Slavic people can portray.

I think she's "drawing" using sand on some kind of translucent screen, under which there's a light source, and the whole thing is being projected onto a vertical screen for the audience.
                        President, Wicked Rides Poland

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...eau-Club-Wagon

Comment

Wiki:

Kseniya Simonova (born 1985 as Ксения Симонова) is a sand animator from Ukraine. She started drawing with sand after her business collapsed due to the early 21st century credit crunch and had been drawing for less than a year when she entered Ukraine's Got Talent.[1] She became the 2009 winner of that show,[2] constructing an animation that portrayed life during the USSR's Great Patriotic War against the Third Reich in World War II.

Simonova won 1,000,000 Ukrainian Hryvnia (approx. USD125,000) for her first place in the show.[3] A YouTube video of the performance has received more than 10 million hits.[4]

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

She begins by creating a scene showing a couple sitting holding hands on a bench under a starry sky, but then warplanes appear and the happy scene is obliterated.

It is replaced by a woman?s face crying, but then a baby arrives and the woman smiles again. Once again war returns and Miss Simonova throws the sand into chaos from which a young woman?s face appears.

She quickly becomes an old widow, her face wrinkled and sad, before the image turns into a monument to an Unknown Soldier.

This outdoor scene becomes framed by a window as if the viewer is looking out on the monument from within a house.

In the final scene, a mother and child appear inside and a man standing outside, with his hands pressed against the glass, saying goodbye.

The Great Patriotic War, as it is called in Ukraine, resulted in one in four of the population being killed with eight to 11 million deaths out of a population of 42 million.

Comment

Mike, thanks for putting this vid up. Great stuff.
                              "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Working...
                              X