PINKS Season premiere tonight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PINKS Season premiere tonight

Just a reminder if you're into that show. I watched them tape 5 races one weekend at Lebanon Valley Dragway. Those shows won't be on until sometime in March. And if you don't like imports you won't be happy with the outcome of one of them. It was the first time an import won, and he didn't have to ask for lengths. I can just hear the FnF crowd now.

Re: PINKS Season premiere tonight

plenty of imports I work on, kick the crap out of your typical muscle car. no problem with an import win here! you ought to hear the "muscle car" crowd cry when Huber won the NMRA True Street class in Bowling Green. 8 second four bangers piss off the turbo v8 guys!

Anyways, boo on pinks. They couldn't find a matchup for the Fairmont in this month's Hot Rod magazine.

-scott
    www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Hey VTjunk do you go to LV ? I go once in a while its not far from my town just about an hour and a half up rt 22. I will probably be there Memorial day weekend for Musclepalooza (ever go?) lots of nice cars at that show.
      My brother is going to be racing at Pinks all out in July at Englishtown,should be fun.

Comment

Originally posted by antmnte
        Hey VTjunk do you go to LV ? I go once in a while its not far from my town just about an hour and a half up rt 22. I will probably be there Memorial day weekend for Musclepalooza (ever go?) lots of nice cars at that show.
        My brother is going to be racing at Pinks all out in July at Englishtown,should be fun.
        Hi antmnte, Yes I go to LVD a couple of times a year, usually to make some test and tune passes, check out my new mods. I like to go to the events they have, been runner up (first loser) at the All GM Shootout 2 years in a row, and raced in Musclepalooza 3 and 4. Didn't go there too much last year, had all my stuff stolen from the pits. Sat in the staging lanes forever, made a pass, went to go and pick up my stuff and head home, and everything was gone. Lost alot of good tools, jack, street tires and wheels, air tank, spare carb, complete jet and spring assortment. I couldn't believe it, I reported it and they said the only thing that had been stolen in like 10 years was a pit bike. Had to drive 2 hours home on my slicks. Oh well, live and learn. I plan on going to Musclepalooza this year, probably run my 69 Mustang.

Comment

I didn't know it was starting today. I missed it.

I do like Pinks All Out better, but I watch regular Pinks anyway. You never know when Rich is gonning to crash something!
          Cognizant Dissident

Comment

i personally love sandbagging. holding something back, and then letting it go when its time to rock and roll. the whining and the scheming im not down with though, and theres times where a guy with a rustbucket shows up and is racing a car thats actually NICE.. whats fair about that? i think if one car is a beater, he should race a beater. there was a 5.0 mustang on a show i was watching, it was matched against an old dodge race car. the dodge tore it up something fierce, only because the 5.0 didnt bring enough power or what have you..way i saw it though, it wasnt fair to the man with the old mopar, he had more to lose if the race didnt go his way. if he missed a shift, or spun the tires, hed stand to lose alot more then the guy in the 5.0.

Comment

I agree, Sandbagging and all that Crapp makes the show suck.
              If you Talk Crapp then your Car better Run. Heads-up and Flat-out. If you cant hang, then to Damn bad.
              They Should also give an extra Check for the Quickest time you Run to. That would stop some of the Sandbagging.

Comment

Originally posted by VTJUNK
                Originally posted by antmnte
                Hi antmnte, Yes I go to LVD a couple of times a year, usually to make some test and tune passes, check out my new mods. I like to go to the events they have, been runner up (first loser) at the All GM Shootout 2 years in a row, and raced in Musclepalooza 3 and 4. Didn't go there too much last year, had all my stuff stolen from the pits. Sat in the staging lanes forever, made a pass, went to go and pick up my stuff and head home, and everything was gone. Lost alot of good tools, jack, street tires and wheels, air tank, spare carb, complete jet and spring assortment. I couldn't believe it, I reported it and they said the only thing that had been stolen in like 10 years was a pit bike. Had to drive 2 hours home on my slicks. Oh well, live and learn. I plan on going to Musclepalooza this year, probably run my 69 Mustang.

That sucks that you got ripped off I cant believe it from that place either. My buddy was racing his 70 GS and complained about sitting in the lanes too long too. MAybe I will see you there. I will PM you when the time gets closer.

Comment

[quote=Fordplay0621 ]

If you Talk Crapp

then your Car better Run.

[quote]

The smack-talking gyros & their "down-wif-it" entourages
                  obviously didn't grow up in neighborhoods where, by
                  the age of 8, you knew to never let your mouth write
                  a check your @$$ couldn't cash.

Nothing like swallowing your own blood (and/or teeth)
                  to accelerate your personal growth & maturity. Some
                  obviously have not yet experienced that "learning curve".

Comment

I agree with that for sure.

I drive a Kia and Race the Same Car.

I know its not fast, but it runs with the other Kia's pretty Well. You wont see it lining up with a 5.0 Mustang, or a Big Block Camaro because of an Ego.

One good thing about Sandbagging with a KIA. (It would'nt make a difference).

Comment

Yup, I used to watch Pinks but All Out is much cooler to watch. All that whining and complaining ruined the show for me. And since when is "And I want 9 lengths" a drag race??!!
                      "Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Comment

Everything is heads up with me. No lengths, If you want to get beat by a Kia and look like a dweeb line up. I was amazed that when I started building the Kia there was not a thing for the Car. Now they are pushing 500 HP and at half the weight quite potent.

Comment

Working...
                        X