Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 9 words women use

Bill -
    Good to hear from you! You've been off line for a while, and I, for one, missed you.

You are brave to be real and tell the world about your reality. Many men try to hide behind bluff and bravado, when, like all of us, they are scarred by the world. Sounds like you're a bit more scarred than most!!

You mentioned that there was some hope about restoring your sight. Any news on that front? You know we're all pulling for you.

Later
    Dan

Comment

[quote=BillBallinger Sr ]
      My favorite is, "you said (blank) 27 years ago, what has changed now?" Well, I have painted a few cars, been in a few brawls, drank a lot of whiskey, been through 5 surgeries, got sucker tripped and KICKED 5 times in the side and back of the head, have a knife scar from my sternum to my belly button, been shot, stabbed, and I am now legally blind, agoraphobic( I need to get out more I know, but trust is hard for me) with chronic depression, PTSD with chronic explosive anger (I actually do see red when I am pushed) that can be very destructive to people and things. It doesn't help that I trained in Mixed Martial Arts, and have been street fighting since I was little kid. For some reason I can't remember everything I said going on 30 yrs ago. :-)

That said, My wife is a Psychologist, and I am seeing a Psychiatrist for my meds, so we have a truce. Thank God above for her understanding, because she can calm me and she knows I am in constant pain and frustration. I have never put a hard to her or the kids. I love her with all my heart, and the words of this thread are there, but she understands. She is a Saint.

[/quoteOk Bill, you just scared the shit outta me, glad to see ya back around? i think? ;)
      Never kick a fresh Turd on a hot day.....Harry S Truman

Comment

[quote=fine59
        Ok Bill, you just scared the shit outta me, glad to see ya back around? i think? ;)
        [/quote]

Naw, I am OK I just grew up in a different and pretty extreme world. I can identify with those 9 words though. Oddly they are a sense of normalcy for me. Marriage is the best thing by far that ever happened to me.

My vision loss is pretty much permanent, Dan. I have some left but its dim. The Irish temper is improving,drinking only the occasional whiskey, staying on my meds, and I am getting better at modulating my reactions when I get startled or pushed.

Forums have been a great thing, as have been some on-line classes I am working at. I will be able I hope to get out more, but for now at least I am part of something. And cars were my first love, 40 years of wrenching and I love to pass it on. It gives me purpose.

Of course, she could just be keeping me around to open jars and reach the top shelf in the cabinets. ;)

Thanks for the ear and the kind words. I have been fighting off pneumonia for bit, so I haven't been able to write much. As for the other stuff, I think it will get better as I get to a few car shows and the strip again, its been over two years. If anything is happening in St Louis anyone let me know, it will be "therapeutic" Also getting my engine built and the Galaxie done will help, I need to get out in the garage and do something but its been colder than a three titted witch around here. Activity seems to be my catharsis, but I am learning to adapt to a different pace. Talking calipers, voice software, go, no go, gauges, click rulers are getting easier to use. I have an FE on the stand that I checked with no vision, just the tools. I guess its like instrument flying, you have to rely on data not what you think you see.

Comment

Wish I lived closer. We could gain a lot from each other's abilities - and disabilities. I'd drag yer butt down to Maxton is you were around here.

Later
          Dan

Comment

Working...
          X