Speaking of Tattoos ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaking of Tattoos ...

Let's see some of your gear head tat's .... Here is my favorite, on my right bicep:

Post 'em up!
    Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Re: Speaking of Tattoos ...

Right shoulder, second version. Originally a "black and white". First done in October 2007, colored in July '09.

Left calf, 2009. Runes translate: "Go forth, nomad. Seek what you shall find, and return home safe". From a 14-th century Nordic bronze necklace medallion I have.

My 18-y/o brother, Zack. His second tattoo, all his artwork. He will be drawing up my third and fourth tattoos.
    Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Here's my back, done several years ago. It's far from finished, I just haven't figured out what I want to do with it.

Comment

No, thanks. Just not my thing. Guess I'm an old fart. Luke (betterwithboost) is covered with them and I love him like a son but not for me.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes
          No, thanks. Just not my thing. Guess I'm an old fart. Luke (betterwithboost) is covered with them and I love him like a son but not for me.

Dan
          Yea they're not for everyone, and to be honest, I'll probably do everything to keep my kids from getting them if they ever want one (its a parental right, do as I say, not as I do).

Comment

My brother was the one getting all the tattoos. His first was an Egyptian theme'd one on his left tricept, had his frat symbols in it as well. Then he had hieroglyphs across is upper back that said "Throw Caution to the Wind" (he did the translation and design so hopefully it said that :P). Then in the UK he had a "Burns" coat of arms drawn up and tattoo'd on his right bicep. Then the last one he got was a giant drawing of the Great Pyramids at dusk, it was pretty impressive.

We had the tattoo discussion, and I pretty much came to the conclusion I'm not a permanent person, maybe some day I'll want something for life, but nothing yet.
            Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

I tell people if they want to be different, don't get one.

Comment

yeah, I'm in the tiny untattood minority. I'm a non-conformist.
                My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel
                  yeah, I'm in the tiny untattood minority. I'm a non-conformist.

I'm in a tiny group, too. How many Marines or former Marines do you know who don't have a tattoo?

I'm not anti-tattoo, I've just never found one that passes the test. The test? I've said it here before, I think, but quickly:

Want a tattoo? Get a picture or drawing of it. Put it somewhere that you will look at it every day. If, after a year, you still want it... get it.

Comment

Here's mine!!

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes

Dan
                      Me neither Dan, just not interested in spending good money to be inflicted with pain I guess. I usually (read as ever since I've been married) don't have any disposable income either. When I was single I never wanted one either.

My stepson has a big N for Nebraska football (stands for Knowledge) on his bicep with the championship years under it and his last name in script on the back of his calf.

What is the average cost of some of those tats any way ?
                      Phil / Omaha

Comment

Here's mrrocket's tat.

Ice, ice baby to go............

Sorry, couldn't resisit. ;D

Comment

Just so you know... That's not really me, I don't have any tats. ;D I found that photo on the net somewhere, that might be the worst ink job I've ever seen.....

Comment

and the wife

they all have some meaning like my son ,daughter,dad wife etc... but if ya wanna know just ask lol

Comment

Originally posted by mrocketscience
                              Just so you know... That's not really me, I don't have any tats. ;D I found that photo on the net somewhere, that might be the worst ink job I've ever seen.....
                              Yes sure, sure, it's not you....... pretty nice for jailhouse tats though !!
                              Phil / Omaha

Comment

Working...
                              X