Jay, Conan or Jimmy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jay, Conan or Jimmy?

While I'm a big fan of Jay, I think NBC totally fubared this. Conan is OK and I agree with him, 7 months isn't enough time. I like Jimmy's show very much. He's really coming into his own. I think his "Wife's of Late Night" skit is great.

I think if NBC gets rid of Conan and puts Jay back for the full hour, I think Jay will have lost his edge. I don't believe he can go back, as much as I like Jay, and go on like nothing happened. The damage has been done. I say get rid of both and put Jimmy in the Tonight Show.

NBC is in quite a predicament IMO.
    Tom
    Overdrive is overrated

Re: Jay, Conan or Jimmy?

The Tonight Show will never be the same, that's for certain. I grew up with Johhny Carson, and as much as I like Jay, it never seemed to have the same appeal. Not bad appeal, but just not the same. Maybe if they just canned all three and started fresh with someone completely new, it might get be able to take off. Whatever they decide, it's going to be costly......

Comment

Tom Arnold gets my vote

Comment

Conan's attack of NBC in his last monologue was pretty biting. He had Howie Mandel come out and played "Deal or No Deal" with his career move. ;D
        Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Just my 2 cents worth

I was a die hard Johnny Carson fan
          I watched Jay.........he's a car guy and
          I got his humor

Conan.........huge generation gap
          don't get him at all
          Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

I think CBS should get rid of Craig Ferguson and hire Conan with the promise of taking over for Dave. Dave has been phoning it in for a few years now. If they had a good replacement they wouldn't have to pay him so much and he would probably retire like Johnny did. Let Jay have the show back and when he decides he's had enough NBC can hire someone else. The only reason Jay had better numbers then Dave is because he's on the west coast. It's easy to get big stars, they live there.

I like Dave and Conan better. Jay is ok and he is a car guy. Jimmy isn't gonna make it in competition with any of those three. And who is that guy on ABC?

That's what I think
            Cognizant Dissident

Comment

Originally posted by Monk
              Just my 2 cents worth

I was a die hard Johnny Carson fan
              I watched Jay.........he's a car guy and
              I got his humor

Conan.........huge generation gap
              don't get him at all
              Yep, I know what you're saying. My son likes Conan. Conan is sophomoric.
              Tom
              Overdrive is overrated

Comment

None of the above. M*A*S*H* is on at the same time. ;D

Comment

M*A*S*H, ugh. I don't know how a show we loved so much when it was current can now seem like such a canfull of smart-ass, righteous...oh, I'll shut up. Actually I watch it too, instead of Conan, if I'm still awake and there's nothing on History Channel. I'm a little disappointed in Conan, I really thought they'd fix him up for the mainstream a little more.

Comment

Conan's a hack. I'd watch Arsenio Hall reruns before him.

I like Jay, but NBC seems to be consulting with Texas Tech on 'how to look stupid' lately.
                    Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                    1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
                    1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
                    1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                    1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                    1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Fallon looks like he's really uncomfortable and even in pain during his show like he's completely out of his element.

NBC will end up screwing Conan just like they screwed Letterman 15 years ago. Unfortunately for NBC, the buyout of Conan will cost them $40 million.
                      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Over here we got Jay Leno everynight at midnight, shortened show.
                        Weekends two full shows Sat and Sunday.
                        I always tuned into Jay but now it?s Conan I don?t bother.
                        To transfer the show in it?s entirity from New York showed a lack of imagination and
                        I thought lazyness.
                        Conan always interrupts the guests, caps whatever they say, he plain talks too much about Conan.

Comment

Falon should be taken off the air, he really isn't funny... the only redeeming thing about his show is The Roots. I find some of Conan's stuff funny but Leno is just better in that time slot to me. In time maybe Conan could have found his place but NBC just doesn't care. Kimmel is better than all the late night shows imo.

Comment

Unfortunatly we only get to see older stuff of Letterman overhere.
                            He's usuallly 'alright' I guess. But it doesn't keep me in front of the TV.
                            www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

word on the street is that conan is already in talks with fox about doing a late night show on that network
                              Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Working...
                              X