Bonner '63 Galaxie Owner Info. ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bonner '63 Galaxie Owner Info. ???

A few years ago someone had the Phil Bonner Lafayette Ford '63 Galaxie on Ebay for sale. The car did not sell as far as I know. I'm looking for contact information for the owner of this car. I'm told it is in Oregon. The owner also had a T-bolt and '64 AFX Comet for sale on ebay at the same time.

Also, I've heard rumors that Phil's second Al Means/Frank Vego '63 Galaxie is still around. I'd also like to speak to the owner of this car also.

Any information anyone could furnish would be appreciated. If you do not wish to post this information on the net please email at [email protected].

I'm also looking for photos of '62 Galaxies at the 1962 US Nationals in Indy.

Any information related to the 11 '62 LW Galaxies is wanted.

Thanks!!

Re: Bonner '63 Galaxie Owner Info. ???

Maybe someone at this site can help it looked interesting.

Comment

I thought for a second I had some info for you. I ran across a 63 Lightweight Galaxie this past Nov. at a guys house when I went to pick up a hood for my Torino. He showed me the car, said it was sold but hadn't been picked up yet. I remember now it was Brannon's car. It was near Albany, NY.

Comment

Thanks for responding guys. If the guy in NY told you he had Dick Brannan's car he was feeding you BS. Brannan ran two '63 lightweights, 823 & 824. They both have been resored and aren't in NY! 823 is in OH and 824 is in TN.

I know the guy who has dearbornflashback.com. No information there.

Does anyone know how to access the NHRA or Petersen photo archives? My guess is it would be easier to access the Pentagon but I figured I'd ask!!

Comment

You know, Now that you mention it, he never said it was Brannon's car, but it was lettered as #823, with Brannon's name on it. I assumed it was THE car. He did say it was a lightweight, and I looked it over, it had all the right stuff on it. Even had the correct Bostrom seats in it. I believe it was real, but not Brannon's old car.

Comment

What color was the interior? 823 had tan interior as it was a rebodied '62 lightweight. The production '63 lightweights had red interior. There was a couple of fellows that tried to pass off their lightweights as 824 over the years. The real 824 was found in 2003 and has been restored to as raced condition. 824 was a standard lightweight and basically Brannan's back up car. He had other drivers who would race it on occasions. 823 was Dick's main car and known as the "Worlds Fastest Ford".

Comment

I know it had a red interior, so there you go. I didn't have my camera, so I didn't take any pics. I usually take some of any AFX or S/S cars I run across. I used to live near the shop that restored the Tasca Tbolt and have some pics of that, as well as as some of an AFX Comet that came from the same shop. The Comet is in Don Snyder's collection now.

Comment

Originally posted by troublemaker427
                A few years ago someone had the Phil Bonner Lafayette Ford '63 Galaxie on Ebay for sale. The car did not sell as far as I know. I'm looking for contact information for the owner of this car. I'm told it is in Oregon. The owner also had a T-bolt and '64 AFX Comet for sale on ebay at the same time.

Also, I've heard rumors that Phil's second Al Means/Frank Vego '63 Galaxie is still around. I'd also like to speak to the owner of this car also.

Any information anyone could furnish would be appreciated. If you do not wish to post this information on the net please email at [email protected].

I'm also looking for photos of '62 Galaxies at the 1962 US Nationals in Indy.

Any information related to the 11 '62 LW Galaxies is wanted.

Thanks!!

I don't know how much this might help but here is the phone number for LaFayette Ford. It is located in Fayetteville, NC. There are still a few of the guys around there that remember the good old days. I would ask for the general manager or maybe they could direct you to the owner. I know they have (or had) some pictures on the wall of the old NASCAR car they sponsored.

By-the-way I can remember looking out the window of my Algebra class in the 9th grade (the LaFayette Ford dealership was then across the street) and watching Fred Lorenzen walk across the lot to his race car that was being displayed on the lot. Those were the days!

Comment

I am going to Randy DeLisio's shop tomorrow, if anyone knows where it might be, he would.

Comment

Cool, tell Randy Jody Aberts said hi. Tell him I'm the guy whose father has the '67 limefrost green Cyclone w-code. Also ask him if he knows what happened to the Tasca '62 lightweight. If he wants to talk about this stuff give him my email [email protected] .

Don Snyder has an awesome collection!! I was lucky to see it two years ago in person. 6 real T-bolts is just the start!!!!!

Thanks a ton!!!

Comment

Well, I talked to Randy on Saturday, went there to pick up a pair of fenders and a door for a Fairlane. He was at the shop working on a 65 Comet AFX clone that he built for someone years ago and recently bought it back. Says he's going to run it on the street this year with 427 hi-riser power. He had a 70-71 Hemi Cuda in process and a 1st Gen Camaro Conv. with a big block in the shop. He just finished a 68 428CJ Mustang. I asked him about Bonner's car and he said with the market the way it is right now, the cars are changing hands faster than they used to. He doesn't know where it is, and he thought that the car was either restored or being restored by now.

Sorry I didn't get any useable information for you, but I thought if anyone would have an idea, it would be him. I didn't read your last post until this morning, so I didn't mention your name to him. I left on Friday night to make the trip out there. Good luck in your search.

Andy

Comment

Working...
                      X