Auto Upholstery Supply Store?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto Upholstery Supply Store?

My wife will be making new seats covers for the Opel (they aren't available).....but I can't find a decent supply place to buy the raw materials from....

I need all the interior materials......I am making new door panels and hope to find carpet in bulk as well....

Help me out if you can....

Seth
    200 mph or bust.......

Re: Auto Upholstery Supply Store?

Seth

I have found lots of material suppliers on ebay searching for boat upholstry - in fact - a boat upholstery shop maybe a good place to find what you're looking for....

Home depot has bulk carpet - but not the best quality.

The boat carpet came from ebay - and my buddy who's a carpet guy thought it was top quality stuff - rubber backing is the way to go.

There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Only one place to go. Michigan Textiles on Michigan Avenue in Ypsilanti. It's just a few blocks from The Sidetrack, so take Sarah and Logan for a good bar burger (not as good as PT's but good) then over to MI Textiles for an unbelievable selection.

Dan

Comment

Here is a online place that has pretty good prices.

They have a ebay store also.
        Follow theautotrimstore on eBay. Buying, Selling, Collecting on eBay has never been more exciting!

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes
          Only one place to go. Michigan Textiles on Michigan Avenue in Ypsilanti. It's just a few blocks from The Sidetrack, so take Sarah and Logan for a good bar burger (not as good as PT's but good) then over to MI Textiles for an unbelievable selection.

Dan
          ha, you're near the furniture capital of the USA..
          and you're say'n Michigan textiles will be a better choice than what you got in your back yard,, Dan

Comment

these guys have everything you need, ive used them for years

http://www.keystonbros.com/
            Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Here is a good site to check out......

Suppliers of quality classic auto interiors since 1977. The largest inventory of Auto Upholstery Cloth, Vinyl, Headliners, Carpets, Vinyl Tops, & Door Panels.

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
              1966 Plymouth Fury III
              2014 Dodge Ram 1500
              Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
              Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

For auto upholstery, yep. And it's a fairly short drive for Seth - NC is not. I would be leery about buying fabric on line. I think you need to see the stuff in person and also feel it and decide if it will go thru your sewing machine - hard to do from a pic.

For many years MI Textiles got bolt ends, last year's fabrics, etc. from the auto companies. With interiors being outsourced now-a-days I'm not sure of their sources these days (Lear Seigler, maybe?) but the last time I was by there they were still active.

Dan

Originally posted by IRONHEAD
                Originally posted by DanStokes

Dan
                ha, you're near the furniture capital of the USA..
                and you're say'n Michigan textiles will be a better choice than what you got in your back yard,, Dan

Comment

I can ask my uncle he ownes a upholstery shop
                  they make there door panals out of this Plastic/rubber stuff it is awsome stuff I will ask

Comment

On the subject, where would you get interior ABS plastic? Looking over the '26 Buick in the Dare to be Different and the Keisler 'Cuda builds in an old HRM it keeps cropping up and would be a nice material to use in the trunk to replace the cardboard paneling in there and build non conductive shields for the fuseblock and starter solenoid in there.
                    Central TEXAS Sleeper
                    USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

that is prolly the stuff they use for the door panals
                      it looks like abs plastic but flexes

Comment

Working...
                      X