You Chevy guys might like this low mileage Caprice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: You Chevy guys might like this low mileage Caprice

As I was looking at it All I could think was "I hope no one turns it into a DONK"

Comment

Yeah,that was my thoughts too.It would hurt...bad :-[

Comment

Originally posted by Rebeldryver
        My 71 Impala sedan had a sbc 400. Yes it was a 2 bbl, for about a month. I've seen literature that GM had a 4 bbl version of the 400, but I've never seen one.
        I do recall seeing 1 71 or 72 Impala with the 4V 400 (402) when I worked at the dealer. I saw very few big block Impalas. Almost all were either 350's with 2V or 4V carbs.

Another odd ball I saw was a 75 or 76 Nova some one had ordered. It had a 350 4V with a 4 speed.
        Tom
        Overdrive is overrated

Comment

nice car.. but he is out of his mind on the price..
          that car needs 1500.oo in repairs before you can drive it..unless it becomes a trialer /garage queen..
          and no a/c
          maybe 9-10k.. and he more than likely stole it from the 70 y/o he bought it from..
          for 2000.oo
          it's nice and all but it's a big car.. that isn't all that.. other than it was never used... and that right there is sad..
          and now will never be used .. other that rolled off and on a trailer..

Comment

My 71 Impala sedan had a sbc 400. Yes it was a 2 bbl, for about a month. I've seen literature that GM had a 4 bbl version of the 400, but I've never seen one.
            Here's one in a virgin 1974 Monte.

President, Wicked Rides Poland

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...eau-Club-Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by yogreasygramma
              Here's one in a virgin 1974 Monte.

The four barrel 400's were the only four bolt main blocks too, but I hear they aren't that strong. It's better to get a two bolt and add billet splayed caps to it.
              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I have heard that the early 400 blocks where 4 bolts,and the later ones where 2 bolts.i had 2 blocks some years ago,and the 4 bolt where from a 71 Caprice,and the 2 bolt from a 75 Chevy van ??? :P

Comment

Working...
                X