• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Alaskan Bush Pilot Rebuilds Plane w/ Duct Tape

Duct tape..gota love it

Comment

I have a very basic understanding of flight from flying RC model planes for a long time. That's exactly the same game as the ones you ride on, on a miniature scale. Same game - center of gravity, thrust to weight ratio, lift versus drag, etc. Same game.

I believe the duct tape repair was very legitimate. Yeah, it was probably heavier than the original covering, by....what, a hundred pounds? But if you don't have that much leeway to begin with, the plane is already overloaded. Plus, it had half a load of fuel because they flew it there, and now they have to fly it back. And the frame (the shape of it) was undamaged, so yeah, cover it with something that won't come off in the wind and fly that puppy outta there.

Duct tape. Good for everything. But we already knew that.
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by Cyclone03

It's going to be hell getting all that sticky goo off if they decide to do a real repair!
        It was first wrapped with plastic wrap and then covered with duct tape.

Comment

We need to send that pilot a link to sign up here. Can you imagine being the passenger?

"You want me to fly back in a plane you just repaired with duct tape?"

"Well, I guess you could stay behind with the hungry bear...."

"Ugh, you know, it looks like it might be an o.k. repair."
          I would think that the passengers flew out with the pilot who brought the repair supplies, so just in case...... no dead clients (or lawsuits, etc.).
          Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

My uncle was a bush pilot in Alaska after WWII, and the storys he told were crazy.
            Originally posted by TC
            also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

Working...
            X