Stir Crazy - Winter Blahs!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stir Crazy - Winter Blahs!

OK, here it is mid January and maybe just maybe we're almost half way through the worst of Winter but this time of year seems to get worse every year. I really think it has a lot to do with age, you kids in the 20's 30's 40's have plenty of years left to play ahead of you, maybe I have a quite a few or maybe not. I can go back to the Garage and fire up one of the Hot Rods and that always gets the blood pumping but with snow on the ground that's about all you can do. Neither car needs any work done on it unless I was ready to throw a bunch of money at the Big Block car and I'm not. There are a few car shows and a race equipment show coming up in the surrounding areas and I'll probably hit a couple but I still find that boring. I'm about ready to go slot car racing but I don't think we have any tracks around here. I know there's always snowmobiling but I don't like the cold that well and most of the trails are 200 miles away. Yes Keith, I know, "Samsonite" but then you have to come back to reality. Anyway I'm not depressed, just going Stir Crazy and I'm bored to death! Let's hear how the rest of you handle the Winter Blahs?

Re: Stir Crazy - Winter Blahs!

I use to get the winter blues, then I moved. ;D Now when my friends from Illinois call and tell me how it's 8 degrees outside and snowing, I just invite them out here. It's supposed to be almost 70 tomorrow.....

Comment

I hear ya!Im not able to work on mine due too small of a garage and no heat etc.Ive found myself helping those that have enough space and heat and helping them.Come spring they better be helping me.LOL

Comment

i cant work on the mustang because my brothers truck is staying in the garage all winter and i dont have a license right now so i cant go anywhere in the monte.

at least i have my sled ;)

Comment

I don't have winter bahs here....the weather is fantastic this time of year...I have summer blahs...form May to October when it is 1.5 billion degrees outside....too damn hot to do anything...so i hide inside and go nuts....
          If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

I haven't taken time to get stir crazy, been working on the interior of the '55. New carpet, console, wiring and cargo floor. Maybe come spring, I'll have it back on the road. ;D

Comment

alot here will say move..
              and thats ok if you want to totally change your life..
              I'd just get a older 4 by4 winder toy..
              and you can hot rod around town in the winter.. and even in the snow..

Comment

Originally posted by sedandelivery55
                I haven't taken time to get stir crazy, been working on the interior of the '55. New carpet, console, wiring and cargo floor. Maybe come spring, I'll have it back on the road. ;D
                Ditto.......my shoe box project has been keeping me busy
                this winter but I know what Phil is talking about.
                I hate it when the cold drives me indoors.

I also head down to the man cave crank up the turntable and rip some vinyl which
                is a good way to spend time indoors.
                Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

I have been searching for a project car. So far has made January go by fast.
                  Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Maybe I fall into the two young to care/understand area, but up here, I try to take it as it comes. This is the time of the year I can goof off in a parking lot for a solid half hour and still have all the tires I started with. Snowmobiling is great if you can get your hands on a late model sled with proper heat ducting and hand warmers, but without trails or an abundace of two tracks, you'll have problems.

Comment

Yesterday was the End of the Dakar Rally... and that's one of my favorite ways to get through winter. Next we have the lead up to Daytona... couple of weeks away but it gets us looking forward to spring...

Daytona used to be SPRING.... maybe not physically on a real calendar but on my mental clock... and for the most part in my world... then they moved Daytona up a week and it simply is to early to be "spring"...

See the way I figure it is this.... if Nascar is willing to chance a bazillion dollars on thier premier event having "good" weather and That is an indication of Spring.... well then it must be Spring.....

Just my thoughts....

SO there you have it.... lots of words to say I feel the exact same way.... BLAHHHHH

K

Comment

I just take mine out for a ride when the mood hits me, don't really care what the weather is doing. If its a full blown storm/blizzard they stay inside, but light snow and cold don't bother them or me a bit!
                        Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Now we have pretty good weather year 'round but in my Michigan days I used to get a bit of SAD (seasonal affective disorder). It helped to have a well-heated shop (just turn the T-stat and come back in a half-hour). The shop in Ann Arbor was sort of a combo shop and man cave - all drywalled and with off-floor storage so the place wasn't constantly trashed (just sometimes). Working on getting the shop here in that shape as we DO have a few cold days and I still need more storage. When we hit the Lottery.......

Hang in there - this too shall pass.

Dan

Comment

I usually end up with another car the last few winters.
                            I think this winter will be no different... ;)
                            www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

Spring can't come yet, I still have to pull the motor out of the Malibu! So far I've been too busy to even get started on that. Saturday the weather was nice, sunny and in the 40's. I took down the lights and shoveled all the stones and dirt the snowplow deposited in my yard this winter so far. > The nice weather made me itch for spring. I have spent zero time in the garage so far this winter. Sort of taking a break, actually.
                              The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Working...
                              X