1977 Pontiac "Can--Am spotted today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1977 Pontiac "Can--Am spotted today

Odd ball car you don't see often, I was on hwy 71..right at the Iowa / Missouri border ..

It was sitting along the road, in a snow drift with "for sale" spray painted on the windshield, I didn't have a camera with so this pic posted is just off the interweb for an example

Not sure if anyone is looking or even cares but, it was strange site to see on a foggy day

sigpic

Re: 1977 Pontiac "Can--Am spotted today

Even it's a rusted bucket. Can Am's are rare and the parts are worth bank; hood, spoiler, quarter window louvers, etc. The whole car is worth money if it's got the Poncho 400 and the coveted 4 spd. I think there less 3000 made total.
    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Daryl, if possible could you get me a price and or a phone #. Thanks, it is very much appreciated!!
      HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
      DW- 12,16,17
      "Stay thirsty my friends"
      The worlds most interesting man

Comment

Crap. I won't have time to run up there all week. I really have a thing for those. All the 76-77 Lemans are damn handsome cars, and really nice to drive with very little work.

None of those had 4 speeds, but the 73-75 Grand Am's could be ordered with them. I've only seen one-and it was a 4 door.

Comment

I thought it was cool that some of the Pontiac cop cars in Smokey and the Bandit had the Can Am scoop and hood on them--and were 4-doors!

A blue one sticks out in my mind, and there might have been a brown one. I think one ended up in the water in the movie?

-Brad

Comment

It was several years ago I saw one, just like in the
            pic, at a car show.

It was striking and a very cool
            looking ride.

I'd own one.
            Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Bruce Cliche, the guy in Vermont with the massive junkyard of muscle cars and cool old iron has a Can-Am sitting under a tree. We spent a while with it while filming my "lost episode" of Barnstormin' for CJTV.

He'll sell...for a price.

I love these cars and have seen one moving under it's own power in my life. It drove past me down Wilshire Blvd a few years ago when I was out at the HRM office.

Brian
              That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

A friend has one that was converted to a 4 speed but with all factory stuff.It looks like GM built it
                and is really nice .I'll try to get a picture one of these days soon. I think it was in High Performance Pontiac
                magazine as a feature once.

Comment

That car has NOT FOR SALE painted in the window bigdad, I saw it a while back. It sits in Clearmont Missouri. I live about 25 miles from there as the crow flies.

Comment

Originally posted by truckpuller
                    That car has NOT FOR SALE painted in the window bigdad, I saw it a while back. It sits in Clearmont Missouri. I live about 25 miles from there as the crow flies.

Okay ..well it was foggy and it was under a drift ..and I didn't see it well enough then as I went by, never stopped

Sorry for the confusion :-[
                    sigpic

Comment

No worries here. Hell if i would have known you were this close we could have met up. I could have shown you some neat stuff around.

Comment

Made a fast trip to Clarinda Iowa and back .. Business related , wow..you have lots of snow :o
                        sigpic

Comment

Clarinda is about 80-90 miles from Omaha, next time hollar up ahead of time if you can.
                          A bunch of the snow has melted (it was in the 30's in the daytime for a week or so ) but tonight and tomorrow we're supposed to get freezing rain, be glad you're not here now.
                          Phil / Omaha

Comment

Anyone have a link or two to good information on these CanAm cars?

Thanks.

Comment

That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Working...
                              X