Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Internet Explorer ? What Should I be using ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Internet Explorer ? What Should I be using ?

Just switched over to Firefox. On MSN, when I go to open my Hotmail account, I get a warning about encryption, that anybody can see the information, or something...what's up with that? Never saw that before using IE.

Is that just noise or big?

peewee
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Stay away from Explorer! They are known to roll over easily, especially on expressway ramps. If it has Firestones the jury will rule it a suicide and Sue Unit will get scoot.

(What do I know?)

Dan

Comment

Internet Explorer 7 does look a little bit like Mozilla Firefox because of the tabbed browsing. It really depends on your preference. Like me, I was a loyal IE user until I had no choice but to use Firefox on a friend's PC. I found out that Firefox has more features, and it's faster and stable compared to IE.

Comment

Firefox, faster on my machine than IE or Chrome. I've got all three and tried them for comparison. Firefox works better on my desktop but Chrome works better on the wife's laptop. I'm running Vista Extreme 64 bit and the wife has Vista Home premium 32 bit.

Comment

I run google chrome with a bunch of custom plug-ins on my computer at home. Super secure, cut down instantly on the number of malware and virus attacks. It even operates faster. Has a few quirks, like the inability to use the search function on some web forums. Aside from that, it has a few tricks up it's sleeve to work quicker doing a lot of the things I do on the web like picture hosting and posting.

My wife runs firefox like I used to because I forbid her to run IE on any of our computers. She still likes it, but it just seems slow and clunky to me compared to chrome. She didn't like chrome because she was already comfortable with firefox.

Work still uses IE6, and it sucks the big one. I keep getting compatibility warnings on all of the popular websites.
            1970 Camaro RS - SOLD | 2000 Camaro SS - Traded in for a Hyundai...
            1966 Ford Thunderbird - SOLD | 1963 MGB, abandoned V8 project, FOR SALE/SCRAP

1978 Cutlass - Post Lay-off daily driver

Comment

Originally posted by Woodward_Dreams
              I use firefox and love it.
              Me too. I like the automatic spell check and the speed it has over IE.
              What I don't really care for are the security warnings... apparently if the page or site you are on has a link to an image that isn't "https" you get the security warning. <-- or something ... that's what I got out of an explanation from a computer guy a while back.

Comment

I use Firefox for my work database and crazedlist.org, but Google Chrome Incognito mode for everything else. For some reason I've found IE crashes too much.
                Who needs sugar and spice and everything nice? I'm a Southern girl - give me cars, guns and whiskey on ice. ~Mrs. Remy-Z

Comment

I use Firefox too.

Firefox seems to be the SBC here.
                  Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by 1970camaroRS
                    Work still uses IE6, and it sucks the big one.
                    What do you expect, 6 is the newest version that runs on windows 98

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Working...
                    X