Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lexus handpicking potential LF-A owners.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lexus handpicking potential LF-A owners.

Yahoo! News article

Seems having a metric ton of cash isn't enough to buy the LF-A supercar. You have to be screened. You have to "show it off", not be a dedicated owner with a garage ready for it.

I just now lost a huge shred of respect for Toyota. Whatever asshat thought this one up, needs to take the high-dive from his office window. NOW.
    Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Re: Lexus handpicking potential LF-A owners.

i hope they dont pick me. i wouldnt want that thing uglying up my driveway :D

Comment

Ferrari had a similar deal with the Enzo. I can understand why Toyota wants to do it, they probably aren't making any money off the car itself so they are using it as a tool to build up their reputation. I think the car looks hideous and would take a few ZR1s over it in a millisecond.

Comment

Originally posted by Memphis
        Ferrari had a similar deal with the Enzo. I can understand why Toyota wants to do it, they probably aren't making any money off the car itself so they are using it as a tool to build up their reputation. I think the car looks hideous and would take a few ZR1s over it in a millisecond.
        x2

and you have to PAY FOR IT..
        other auto man.. give(loan out) cars to do this//

Comment

Reminds me of condo developers around here before the economy tanked. Making a big deal out of "pre-qualifying" selected buyers to 'bid' on their properties. hahahah. Those sanctimonious asses are suckin' on it now ;D
          Michael from Hampton Roads

Comment

Originally posted by Remy-Z

I just now lost a huge shred of respect for Toyota.
            A huge shred? lol

Whatever asshat thought this one up, needs to take the high-dive from his office window. NOW.
            why? maybe they're only wanting to sell them to "car guys" and not the douchenozzles who'll buy them, park them in a garage never to be driven?
            www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek

A huge shred? lol

Whatever asshat thought this one up, needs to take the high-dive from his office window. NOW.
              why? maybe they're only wanting to sell them to "car guys" and not the douchenozzles who'll buy them, park them in a garage never to be driven?
              oh ya cause the rapper or movie star that "gets" ok'ed to by this is gonna drive it to an event and not the bentley gt
              or go out club'n in it instead of said bentley or other non belly button looking car..
              looks like a nissan 300z with body kit

Comment

Originally posted by Memphis
                Ferrari had a similar deal with the Enzo.
                i dont think they did it with the enzo but they did do it with the fxx. which is a high-performance version of the enzo

Comment

Originally posted by IRONHEAD
                  Originally posted by dieselgeek

A huge shred? lol

oh ya cause the rapper or movie star that "gets" ok'ed to by this is gonna drive it to an event and not the bentley gt
                  or go out club'n in it instead of said bentley or other non belly button looking car..
                  looks like a nissan 300z with body kit
                  where did it say in that article that only rappers get the cars? I didn't read that anywhere. but I'm sure you're right :
                  www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

The Enzo required you to be approved by Ferrari for purchase. There were a bunch of qualifications.

The FXX was even more strigent than that. They only made 30 of them and Ferrari approached the people they wanted to have them. You paid your 2 million bucks and Ferrari would bring the car to various race tracks for the owners to run them as "client test drivers". I think owners pay a yearly fee to be involved in that program.

LF-A = Lame f^&cking automobile.

Brian
                    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

it was just an example... you know.. hollywood media hounds mags etc..
                      and hyjack why the name d/g if toyota doesn't have many if any oil burners,, as your toyota/honda or nothing..
                      hay, maybe toyota would give you the ok to buy one of those dolled up nissan 300z's..

Comment

Didn't Groucho sum it up best, "I wouldn't want to be part of any club that would have me as a member"?

Groucho Marx, not our resident Groucho ;D

Comment

Working...
                        X