• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haiti hit again

6.1 this morning..
    bad just got worse :'(

Re: Haiti hit again

Those poor folks (in every way). Sounds like pretty much everything that could fail did so in the big 'quake so there didn't seem to bee much more damage but how can you tell in that kind of chaos? I can't imagine how terrifying that would be - especially for the kids. Discussion of sliding tectonic plates is pretty much lost on a 5 year old.

Dan

Comment

I didn't have a nice comment in the last thread. Now we amercia has imprtant people wandering around in thier plitics, billion dollar c17s helicpters and thousands of troops and military boats waiting for a tsunami....

Ever see the evil guy in the movies, always looking old, delivering bad news.....years and days and weeks and months ahead...

he is the bearer of pro life.

live with it.

Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Does it seem like there have been allot of earthquakes , the last yr or so....? I wonder if their is a statistic somewhere that would show avg. frequency of occurrence, for earthquakes.. I looked on USGS all earthquakes list..but couldn't find a "bar graph" for how many occur how often.... Know what I mean? :-[

I feel really bad for Haition's. I've been bitch slapped by lighting a couple times in my life, and when ' the hand of god' comes down and gets your attention..then you really kinda wonder why. An it sucks.
        Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

One of the metallurgist at my work keeps a bunch of statistics on all quakes greater than 5.0, gets his data from the weekly list of earthquakes from the USGS, I can probably find out from him if another internet source isn't found. I laugh at him asking if he is trying to statistically prove when the Earth will self-destruct, haha. He just likes statistics.
          Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

I don't remember where I read it, but very recently someone did the chart of earthquakes over 5.0 frequency and found that there really isn't a statistically significant increase in earthquakes... they posit it was just more reporting of the ones that happened vs. history.

I wonder how far out the catastrophic damage extends..... the cruise ship island isn't far from PAP and apparently it's intact, operational, and being used for vacationers.
            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

You guys really need to learn how to use Google... ;)

www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

BBM -
                Please understand we have a disadvantage. We're native American English speakers.

Dan

Comment

If first you don't succeed try, try again!

Comment

Great vid from CNN.Shows alot of the damage.

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes
                      BBM -
                      Please understand we have a disadvantage. We're native American English speakers.

Dan
                      and if you read it it doesn't really answer what Oldsman is asking for, kinda a break down by year or decade..
                      but speaking of english I can't really make out what boxer3's saying either.. :P

Comment

Originally posted by joe_rocket45
                        Originally posted by DanStokes
                        BBM -

Dan
                        and if you read it it doesn't really answer what Oldsman is asking for, kinda a break down by year or decade..
                        but speaking of english I can't really make out what boxer3's saying either.. :P

Neither can anyone else, Brian said he hasnt got his boxernese translator working yet

Comment

I said some nasty things about haiti. This picture changed my mood. I wonder of that kid has any family...I wonder what he was thinking about with that ship coming then ramming the shore.

01/26/2010 - A Haitian boy watches as U.S. Navy Seabees assigned to Amphibious Construction Battalion 2 offload pallets of meals, ready-to-eat from Landing Craft Utility 1663 in Bonel, Haiti, Jan. 26, 2010.
                          Previously boxer3main
                          the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by boxer3main
                            I didn't have a nice comment in the last thread. Now we amercia has imprtant people wandering around in thier plitics, billion dollar c17s helicpters and thousands of troops and military boats waiting for a tsunami....

Ever see the evil guy in the movies, always looking old, delivering bad news.....years and days and weeks and months ahead...

he is the bearer of pro life.

live with it.

Do the doctors know you have access to the internet? I mean...seriously? I don't think that you should be surfing the net when your off your meds....
                            If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Working...
                            X