Mooneyes Vans shoes? Anyone got any??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mooneyes Vans shoes? Anyone got any??

I came across these on the 'Bay and thought they were cool as all get out, but don't remember these things at all. When I checked for info it said they were a limited edition back in '07 and '08. Wish I had known about them then. Do any of you guys have them?

Re: Mooneyes Vans shoes? Anyone got any??

saw them, and no didn't buy..
    I can see dear ol dad(r.i.p.) , giving the flip flops a rest for those

Comment

I've always been a Chucks kind of guy, but will have to give these things a try. Just wish I had known about them when they came out so I wouldn't have to pay "scalper" prices. LOL

Comment

I'm a huge Vans wearer.

I recently was introduced to the bizarre limited edition tennis shoe market. The store fronts of some here in LA almost look like half assed fronts for some illegal activity. I went to six different ones around Hollywood and was shocked by prices and near drug dealer/numbers runner/bookie attitude of store owners. I was beginning to think this industry was illegal. It should be by the prices they charge for sneakers.
        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Man those are cool, but $$$$ :P

Comment

cool, but not $100 cool
            There's always something new to learn.

Comment

I learned about those shoes in a "Where It All Began" spread in HRM (within the last couple years). I believe it was called Magna Cum Loud. It was a blurb about some high school shop students that were running a then-new '69 Mustang FB at Bonneville. The section was probably written by DF, anyways, one of the kids were wearing those shoes as pointed out in the article.

I think they're totally bitchin' but I don't know if I'd fork over $100 for 'em. It would be cool if Mooneyes USA and Vans got together to make a second run. I'd buy a pair (granted they're affordable - I'd say less than $50).

Comment

like jeff spicoli used to wear ?

Comment

Dude I have seen these before there freaking awesome. I would love to have the money to buy those right now. But if you are looking for some more of just kick ass mooneyes stuff. Check out mooneye's website, and they have a english version of there japanese website, and mooneyes is very very popular in japan they have alot of kooler stuff then you can get here in the states, and you can even have stuff shipped to the states.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebeldryver
                    I'm a huge Vans wearer.

I recently was introduced to the bizarre limited edition tennis shoe market. The store fronts of some here in LA almost look like half assed fronts for some illegal activity. I went to six different ones around Hollywood and was shocked by prices and near drug dealer/numbers runner/bookie attitude of store owners. I was beginning to think this industry was illegal. It should be by the prices they charge for sneakers.
                    It kills me to see how much they charge for some of these shoes on ebay, there were a couple of auctions I saw that were over a GRAND! Remember the good old when you could mix and match what you wanted on your Vans? Speaking of that, I need to see if I can find some more frog print Vans..............

Comment

go to the Vans web site, you can build your own....for a price
                      If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Thank allot nick, you just forced me to spend money I wasn't planning on spending! :D
                        I'm thinking to myself, "Self, you need new pair of casual shoes, lets go to the Vans site and check it out"
                        I saw these and bought them imediately!
                        One of my all time favoirte bands! I HAD to have 'em. ;D

Comment

Originally posted by mike343sharpstick
                          Thank allot nick, you just forced me to spend money I wasn't planning on spending! :D
                          I'm thinking to myself, "Self, you need new pair of casual shoes, lets go to the Vans site and check it out"
                          I saw these and bought them imediately!
                          One of my all time favoirte bands! I HAD to have 'em. ;D

I just bought the same color without laces and band name. $40 bucks.
                          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Now I'm thinking I need these too. LOL

Comment

thems is pimp yo!
                              If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Working...
                              X