Jet-Powered Bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jet-Powered Bug

So he's got the Webers feeding dual port heads with the right headers coming out of it from what we can see, and we almost have to assume that the guts of it have to be "built," to justify the Webers and the headers, and the whole rig as it looks might weigh a thousand pounds at most......

Depending upon the gearing (close ratio VW Bug gearbox?) it should do zero to 60 in about 4 seconds. But what's the purpose of it? And who can fit into it to drive it?

Fascinating.

Okay, my hotrod hormones are droning again. It's been about 30 years, but....

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by canadianzed
      on the topic of bugs (looks like it got run over by a jet) .... saw this on another site, not really sure what to think about it ??? got any good captions?
      doctory evils sidekicks new car..
      out crawls mini me

Comment

Okay, I'm stupid again. Nobody can fit into that ride. So what the hell is it with a Bug ass-kicking engine behind it? Radio control race car? I'm stupid every day, at least once. I'm nearly getting tired of being so stupid. I'm danged near ready to go get a new brain. It's near to embarrassing, the one I've got. I need another brain. A new better one.

Comment

show cars sometimes are just to get you to look..
          this more than likely is one under that idea..

Comment

same only different? ;)

Comment

Oh, now I can dig the creeper.

Years ago all my buddies at the Bug Shop didn't call it a creeper. They called it a "Haul Ass." And there it is.

Comment

squashed bugs -

Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

zed, the ass-hauling creeper got you on the Weeville home page. Thanks for the photo!

Comment

Originally posted by peewee
                    Okay, I'm stupid again. Nobody can fit into that ride. So what the hell is it with a Bug ass-kicking engine behind it? Radio control race car? I'm stupid every day, at least once. I'm nearly getting tired of being so stupid. I'm danged near ready to go get a new brain. It's near to embarrassing, the one I've got. I need another brain. A new better one.
                    Why would you think no one could fit into it? Might not be the most comfortable position, but I think someone of smaller stature could drive it. Be nice if he had done that to a ragtop though....

Comment

Average adult humans don't come a whole lot smaller than me. And If I can't fit into it, it's not meant to be driven.

Kinda like a sex shot of a fancy lady - I was drooling over the engine for hours before I even looked at the CAR. That's when I felt stupid. It happens a whole lot these days (me feeling stupid). And if I could only learn from every episode, maybe I wouldn't be so stupid, but I don't learn from it.

It's always a "Dadgummit, There I Am Being Stupid Again Moment." Like a repeating profound revelation. But stupid people can't be profound, nor can they often revelate. So I don't know WHERE to file it in the medical/psychology books.

Comment

Originally posted by peewee
                        Average adult humans don't come a whole lot smaller than me. And If I can't fit into it, it's not meant to be driven.

Kinda like a sex shot of a fancy lady - I was drooling over the engine for hours before I even looked at the CAR. That's when I felt stupid. It happens a whole lot these days (me feeling stupid). And if I could only learn from every episode, maybe I wouldn't be so stupid, but I don't learn from it.

It's always a "Dadgummit, There I Am Being Stupid Again Moment." Like a repeating profound revelation. But stupid people can't be profound, nor can they often revelate. So I don't know WHERE to file it in the medical/psychology books.
                        file it under blond moment

Comment

Or a senior moment. It's happening more often as I go....

Comment

The squashed Bugs photos, the next to last one, the shot of the engine....

That's some weird-ass headers like I never saw back in the day. Not Gene Berg. And it looks for all the world like the muffler is pointing forward, though I'm probably being stupid again.

The pulley wheel for the fan is stock sized, and a smaller one you can bolt on gets you 2 or 3 HP, plus it has marks on it to help you set the timing.

The fan housing is completely custom, smaller than stock. I never thought of that back then - hmmmmm good or bad.....no idea.

The carbs are not huge, might be 40 IDA Webers if they are Webers at all...not the big 48's. Can't tell what they are.

There. Not a balls-out hot rod, but probably fun to drive and show off and look good in. And that's a good thing, too.

Comment

Pic taken on PT last year with a squashed Bug. I'm 6' 1". Flying the colors too ;).
                              "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Working...
                              X