Went for a ride AGAIN today...More pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Went for a ride AGAIN today...More pics

Well, I tried to take the kids to the mountain to play in the snow...but the powers that be decided to close the highway to the top...So I decided to try a side route...an area called Reddington Pass....sadly it did not get up to the 3000ft mark where the snow was...we could see plenty of it...but it was too far out to hike to with the 3 kids....so we did some muddin' and some boony bouncin' here are a couple of cell pics...

You can see we are well below the snow line in this pic...the snow capped peaks you see arent as far off as the appear...still a beautiful view

My trusty steed...Old Blue...damn good truck...dont care what all you MOPAR hatin' goons have to say about it...

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Re: Went for a ride today...2 pics

More fun than cold wet snow anyday. 8)

Comment

Great pics.Old blue looks cool.And thats from a GM lover ;).

Comment

Thanks, it really has been a great truck...2 water pumps and a front end rebuild in 91K miles aint bad IMO...She dont like the deep water though...I got into about 3 feet and it plowed thru fine but started sputtering on the other end...needs more lift!!!

We are going to try the back side of the mountain tomorrow to see if we can get high enough for snow....
        If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY2
          Thanks, it really has been a great truck...2 water pumps and a front end rebuild in 91K miles aint bad IMO...She dont like the deep water though...I got into about 3 feet and it plowed thru fine but started sputtering on the other end...needs more lift!!!

We are going to try the back side of the mountain tomorrow to see if we can get high enough for snow....
          Please take more pics.I really like the landscape there ;)

Comment

I should shoot some beach scenes for you, Arild. But it's even more beautiful in the Spring when the Babes come out. Darn if I can remember why but it's fun to look at 'em.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes
              I should shoot some beach scenes for you, Arild. But it's even more beautiful in the Spring when the Babes come out. Darn if I can remember why but it's fun to look at 'em.

Dan
              ;D.Shoot away Dan.i really like to see diffrent locations.Over here,the babes are trying to stand in the middle of their clothes :P.I can like some pics of a warm beach ;D

Comment

Originally posted by Blazerteam

Please take more pics.I really like the landscape there ;)
                I habe a few from a ride I took this summer...I will post them up for you in a bit............

Comment

Hey! You had that rig playing around on 3 Feathers?

Comment

Originally posted by Caveman
                    Hey! You had that rig playing around on 3 Feathers?
                    3 feathers is down by Chivo Falls aint it?...that place is a little too intense for my DD.....I was up around mile 10 and the trail staging area, then we went out about mile 15 or so but the road was washed out pretty good....was a real nice ride today tho...nice and cold, a little snow...real pretty.

Comment

I heard taking a hot engine, transmission, transfer case or differential into cold water would cause them to suck in water.
                      Correct me if Im wrong someone.

Comment

what do you think?

me and my pal rich decided to see how deep the water was as all day id been looking at having a dip, problem was nobody else had but me not giving a dam deci...

Comment

Originally posted by truckpuller
                          what do you think?

me and my pal rich decided to see how deep the water was as all day id been looking at having a dip, problem was nobody else had but me not giving a dam deci...
                          doesnt answer that issue as that one, had all the vents capped and hosed to the top of the car just like the intake..
                          if it didn't it will have been dead soon..

Comment

Not in through the vents but the gaskets between parts.

Comment

Originally posted by malc
                              Not in through the vents but the gaskets between parts.
                              nevermind that.. know what happens to hot exhaust man, when cold water gets to it.. it the brake rotors...
                              now dump the whole thing in a cold bath..I can here the cracks forming from here

Comment

Working...
                              X