My wife is turning 30.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My wife is turning 30.

Well the subject line should explain the reason for this post. She still has a month to go and she is already getting depressed about it. It may seem stupid to some guys, but those of you who have been married a while probably understand. She is still a young, vibrant, beautiful woman whom I love very much, and I would like to do something to make her a little happier about... well anything. Thought I would post here and see if any of you had any idea's that might help.

I know this isn't really a auto related post, but I only have two loves in my life and shes one of them.

Thanks.
    200 mph or bust.......

Re: My wife is turning 30.

Those decade birthdays starting at 30 can get depressing for guys as well as girls. It may be she afraid she may no longer be thought of as a girl; but as a woman. Everyone has their own reasoning for dreading it. Telling her what you just told us about how sexy and beautiful, inside and out, she still is may be a good start.
    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Thirty Is A Tenth Of 300!!

OMG!!

THIRTY??? Like, 3 decades...or One-thousand & eighty months????

Freakin' frakkin' TREES don't live THAT long, do they????

That's like, 1/3 of the way to NINETY!!!! :o

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      (j/k)

Sorry, my friend...aging is a terminal condition,

but cheer up your wife... it still beats most alternatives!

When your wife hits 40, then 50, etc., she'll laugh

at how "young & silly" she was only ten short years ago.

("30" is a bit of a milestone for both men & women,

because there are no "spring-chickens" in their 30s.)

However, the older you get, the more you see

all the truth in the sayings: "You're only as old

as you think" & "A cheerful person is forever

young". Attitude affects aging perhaps most of all.

So, you 2 celebrate & cherish these fleeting years!!

There's no stopping Father Time or Ma Nature,

but you 2 can give 'em both the run of their life. -- Happy 30 & Carpe Diem!! --

Comment

My wife doesn't deal with birthdays very well either. 40 was bad, but 50 was really expensive. I told her no more birthdays. I can't afford 60.
        Cognizant Dissident

Comment

I have 30 year old pants, my car is 37 years old. And yes birthdays ending in "0" are expensive. Get used to it, but save the real dough for anniversaries with 0's and 5's, especially 0's. :o

Be sure its something that will be around a long time time that way you can point it out when some querstion about the Visa bill and what are Garrett 88's and why did they cost so @#$%^ much comes up.
          Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

My Wife just turned 30 for the 16th time. She's still Hot!

Comment

One of the best ways to help a woman overcome that kind of depression is to do something that makes them feel good about themselves. I gave my wife a complete day at a local day spa and then took her out for a very nice dinner for her B-day. It's hard to know what some women might think (you know her best) but a good day spa will pamper her and help relax all her stress away.

Funny, I don't remember my wife worring about 30. I think her bigger worry came when her daughter turned 30 but that was 6 years ago. ;D

Comment

My wife had a really hard time with turning 30, i was warned ...NO Partys...soooo i had a party for her, man was she pissed,she even called the cops to come get all the people out of the house, and after the cop joked her about turning 30 i figured it was a good time to slip out the back door, as i walked across the street to spend the night at a friends house i heard her cuss out the cop and tell him to get the f*&k outta her house and take the rest of the people with him....took about 2 weeks for her to let me back into her good graces ;D
                Never kick a fresh Turd on a hot day.....Harry S Truman

Comment

I feel your pain, I have it a little easier though because we are the same age (I am older by 21 days). 30 wasn't bad for her because the kids were still little and that can keep you distracted enough! We were just settling into our first house, busy times.

40 was harder for her, but we got a ton of our friends together for a party and a great time was had. The kids helped out(son played a favorite song for her on the sax, daughter did her hair and cooked), the neighbors even made tye dye tee shirts for us as a joke and one got out his bagpipes and put on a show for the crowd.

We turn 47 this summer and she wants to go on a fancy vacation (think Paris or Rome) so I am working my a** off to save up for that!

We have been married 21+ years and what we are best friends. What has made it work for us is to remind eachother, in some small way, every day, that no matter what else is happening in our lives that we always have eachother and WE will share every joy and weather every storm together.

Wow, I just read fine59's post, not my idea of a good time! Don't go to sleep 59.....
                  Plan something fun for her, something she can be excited about, to distract her from the number and let her know that she is young, vibrant and beautiful and loved.

Comment

Mine turned 30 less than two weeks after I met her. She's going to be 32 this year and I'll be 29, so she gets a little picking from me about it. She's been pretty cool, but she wasn't very thrilled with the 30th. I was nice until she got used to it, then started with the questions about what the dinosaurs were like. ;D I'm sure I'll get mine next summer when I turn 30. 8)

Comment

Oh, you crazy kids!

Mary Ellen is 62 this year, and I just turned 61 (we're 18 months apart. Following my heart attack and some major health issues for her, we figure each year is a bonus. As, in reality, they all are for all of us. So we welcome each birthday as a marker of how lucky we are to be able to continue to share this wonderful life together. The truth is that no switch is thrown on any certain day - we just age, one day at a time, and then you're 30, or 40, or 50, or 60, or more.

ME's Dad is dying right now at 97. While it's sad that he will be gone, it's time. And just think what he's seen in his lifetime. You guys are just heading into this journey, and there's so much more to do.

How to make her feel better about this? Show her this thread. When she sees how much you love her, including asking the biggest group of car buddies you know to help you help her to feel special, she'll know how lucky she is.

Have Fun
                      Dan

Comment

My wife was whining the other day that she's gonna turn 24 this year and feels old. I laughed at her, told her she's not even to her prime yet. Isn't she gorgeous?

Thanks for the wisdom, Dan.
                        The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Sorry if this is hyjacking but I think mines pretty cute too!

Dan,
                          I know all of us "crazy kids" can learn a thing or two from you!!

Comment

She sure is.
                            The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Women hit their sexual peak in their late 30s generally ... tell her the best is yet to come!! ;D

cheers
                              Ed N.
                              Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
                              07 Mustang GT with some stuff
                              88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

Working...
                              X