Saab has officially been saved!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saab has officially been saved!

For some reason im very excited about this.

Bringing car buyers and enthusiasts automotive news coverage with high-res images and video from car shows and reveals around the world.

Re: Saab has officially been saved!

I'm starting a pool.

I say Spyker is boobies up on this whole thing within two years.

Brian
    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Im trying to be optimistic on this whole thing, but it has crossed my mind.

Comment

If Spyker really did pull this stunt off then I see SAAB getting tooled down to a lower volume, more affordable version of what Spyker is about: attention to detail and strong execution. Spyker, as I believe, is losing money on each one of the supercars...if they can ingrain some of the build quality into a SAAB and sell them for a decent price, then there might be hope. They just can't do a full production run, they have to scale back until demand picks up.
        Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
          I'm starting a pool.

I say Spyker is boobies up on this whole thing within two years.

Brian
          You're an optimist.

Comment

I hope there won't be a price "Spyke" on a new Saab ;D ;D. ~J/W.

Comment

why do you think spyker bought Saab?

hint: follow the money

the Russians tried for Opel, settled for Saab.... poor Russians, even the Chinese don't want Saab.
              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by Remy-Z
                If Spyker really did pull this stunt off then I see SAAB getting tooled down to a lower volume, more affordable version of what Spyker is about: attention to detail and strong execution. Spyker, as I believe, is losing money on each one of the supercars...if they can ingrain some of the build quality into a SAAB and sell them for a decent price, then there might be hope. They just can't do a full production run, they have to scale back until demand picks up.

Bryan, Spyker in it's whole existence has sold.....drumroll....250 frigging cars. It will be fun as hell watching them put their "philosophy" in place with Saab.

Brian

Comment

Well, hell. There went the idea of laying money down. You're being nice with two years.
                  Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

meh........*shrug*

Comment

I'm 1/4 Swedish, so I'm 1/4 excited about this!

Comment

Originally posted by Remy-Z

Bryan, Spyker in it's whole existence has sold.....drumroll....250 frigging cars. It will be fun as hell watching them put their "philosophy" in place with Saab.

Brian
                        Philosophy ...like this,you mean??.The Antonovs will be back....

Latest news, travel, politics, money, jobs and more. Get guides on property, second homes, visas, language, taxes from The Local's journalists in Sweden.

Comment

Arlid....GREAT FIND!

I got sick of looking dumb on declaring deals done and not done on the blog so I didn't put anything on there when the Spyker deal was "finalized". I call bullshit on the Russian mafia/nefarious types no longer being involved. They want the company for the technology as they are still pumping out the same shitty cars there that they were 30 years ago.
                          Brian

Comment

Arlid....GREAT FIND!

I got sick of looking dumb on declaring deals done and not done on the blog so I didn't put anything on there when the Spyker deal was "finalized". I call bullshit on the Russian mafia/nefarious types no longer being involved. They want the company for the technology as they are still pumping out the same shitty cars there that they were 30 years ago.
                            Brian
                            Yeah..i cant imagine how much the Antonovs have laughed the last days.But i can imagine that GM looked around in the corners,and took what they could too.. ;)

Comment

Arlid....GREAT FIND!

Brian
                              It may not have been for the technology if it was the mafiya involved - they might have just wanted to make it into the world's biggest money laundering operation. Why use a car dealership as a front when you can have the whole company?

Comment

Working...
                              X