Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Curiousity

Well - tonight I did just that.

I wanted to see if I could take apart a post 87 302 distributor, and a 85 and older duraspark distributor, mix and match parts, and come up with the "bottom end" of the modern unit (longer shaft with more interlock on the oil pump shaft, steel gear for roller cam) and the "top end" and housing of the duraspark to use as a trigger for the msd....

Turns out the duraspark comes apart about like the old points units I've rebuilt in the past - including the screws which hold the vacuum advance unit on breaking > but - swapping parts around doesn't look promising... so - I have a duraspark parts unit now should anything go bad with the new one! 8)
    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

personally I like taking things apart in a more explosive manner...... ;D
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by Junk Whisperer
        How the HELL do you get all that stuff inside a Windmill,Herman :o ;D :D?? ~J/W.

;)
        www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

;D ;D. ~J/W.

Comment

Took apart my gramp's brand new mower when I was 7.....Still get reminded of that 33 years later

Comment

hope it cut grass faster when you put it back together

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Well, not quite the same thing exactly, but back in the 70's all I wanted was a metal detector so I could go find some buried treasure. Yes, I was a nerd, even then. And it only took a little while to determine that trolling with a metal detector is just about the most boring thing on earth. You think you're doing something....any minute now.... No, give up.

So I was into electronics and I busted it open and soldered this into that and turned it into a music synthesizer during the era of Emerson, Lake and Palmer. I could twist the knob on it and make the sound go up and down in pitch....uuuuEEEEEuuuuuuEEEEE. Could nearly make music with it.

No, it never detected metal again. But I figured out how it worked.
                Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Working...
                X