Most perfect blues song ever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most perfect blues song ever?

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

I think you guys will like this
    Rumors of my demise by rollover have been greatly exaggerated.

Re: Most perfect blues song ever?

Alvin Lee sucks.
    Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Not a bad song. Hell, I would go as far as to say it is a good song, but it is not the most perfect blues song. That monniker is held by whatever song suits your mood. There is an endless number of killer blues songs and performers that can , at any given moment, provide the perfect song depending on what your mood is at the time.

My case in point:

This one has been a direct reflection of the mood I have been in lately.

Ron
      It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Very subjective - "tastes" in music (and cars) is based on opinions, likes, dislikes, etc. Some really down and funky blues can be hard to listen to at times when you're not in the mood (or high enough) but it's still good music, just maybe not the best in my opinion.
        Phil / Omaha

Comment

I'm goofy for the blues and I like Alvin Lee - good player and singer, for sure. But as others have said, "Best Blues Tune" is pretty hard to define and it does depend our your head at the time.

Here's a link to a bit of my second fave blues guy, Randy Garibay (first was Stevie Ray). I like Randy because no one has heard of him outside the San Antonio/Austin area - and he was SO good. The tune I hoped to find on there isn't so you may have to fish a bit more that I did, but look for "Vuida Negra" (I'm not sure of my Spanish spelling) which means "Black Widow Woman". The first half is in Spanish and the second half translates (roughly, I suppose) into English. It's a way cool song. The ones on this site are good ones, too. And don't forget to try Buddy Guy while you're looking - and he's still very much alive.

Randy Garibay's profile including the latest music, albums, songs, music videos and more updates.

Dan

Comment

Great song. Guitar blues are my favorite.

Comment

Kammback,

You are obviously hip to YouTube, so I will spare you the links, but check out some of these guys:

Mike Zito

Damon Fowler

Trampled Under Foot

Tab Benoit

If you want some killer blues, these guys will throw down with the best of them.

Ron
              It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

I used to listen to the blues, faded away from it. It seems uniform, following somebody.

When I was a kid, a band used to practice in the house. One weekend, a couple of the members got drunk, and had no drummer.
                They asked me to play "the rockbeat" because that is all I knew, I was 11. It is then I heard the blues. They weren't following nobody. I haven't listened since, and liked it.
                There is a few famous songs by drunks out there ;D

here is another blues...it aint like other blues...
                Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                Previously boxer3main
                the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Ah! Dickie Betts and Duane Allman! Good call, Boxer!

Ron

Comment

I'm not CW music guy or a Hank Williams fan (although I do like him). To me this song nails it, The words and music are perfect.

Hank & Drifting Cowboys on Live Radio Show.This is live at the Health and Happiness Show, 1949. (not mothers best). My error from having it in the wrong mp3 ...

Probably sums up Hank's life.
                    Tom
                    Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Anyone other than a white guy.
                      B.B. King sang from real feelings, white guys try to out do everyone and just sing for the hell of singing for attention.

Comment

3names, Stecie Ray Vaughan
                        Rumors of my demise by rollover have been greatly exaggerated.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle Kammback

I think you guys will like this
                          I like it.Good song.

Heard about this guy??.This is what i listen to in the velle this days..John Campbell.One believer.

Person to person

Comment

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present the master of the Stratocaster, the remaining founding father of the blues, the one and only
                            MR. Buddy GUY!!!!

Notice Eric taking notes as he plays along. He knows who the master is on that stage. And the old black man sitting in the stool is - Hubert Sumlin. Look him up.

Dan

Comment

Looks like Jimmy Vaughn and Robert Cray too -
                              Phil / Omaha

Comment

Working...
                              X