Convertible 70 Cuda for $3000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Convertible 70 Cuda for $3000

Rebeldryver posted this photo elsewhere and it gave me flashbacks. I bought that Cuda for $3000 in about 1989 or so and immediately sold it to a friend. It was a 318 car, but he painted it and threw in a 440. He drove it every day, and I picked it when we were doing the swimsuit issue. Like 1992? He later sold it for like mid $20k and it seemed like a lot of money then.

Times have changed, huh?

Re: Convertible 70 Cuda for $3000

my buddy bill bought a 70 barracuda convertible in 1985 for 600 bucks , blue on blue , white top , 318 , 904 -- we started making a hot rod out of it , bought a parts car for a 727 and an 8 3/4 rear , front discs

then I quit the chevy dealer I was working at , the car sat , bill sunk into heroin addiction , overdosed and died , never knew what happen to that rare barracuda

my buddy steve bought a 71 barracuda convertible , 3800 bucks with completely wasted floors , bought a super clean 74 hardtop , the body man mixed the 2 cars together and 14 grand in body work later a curious yellow 440 clone

Comment

Hey I remember that picture...IIRC I bought my 70 Gran Coupe for 1,000 NIS which was about $333. It was 91. Of course it was a piece of junk, not a convertible, and had a slant six.

Comment

That car and chick were pinned up to my bedroom wall!!!

Comment

About 3 yrs. ago before I bought the Vega there was a '74 Cuda sitting in this guys carport for at least 10 yrs. Nothing special, just a 318 auto, moldy interior, so so body. When I tried to talk to his wife about maybe selling it she said at least $10,000.00 Now maybe that's a deal nowadays but I couldn't bring myself to part with that much cash for a "nothing special" Cuda. Must be the Scottish in me, lol.
          "Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Comment

If you subtract what I got for some of the extra parts it came with, I've got $3000 in this one I bought last year.

That's it's best angle - it needs a lot of work, but it's pretty solid overall. I've been watching closely as the 'cuda convertible prices have been dropping lately - I really love those cars. They went way out of my reach for a while, but if they drop some more, I might have to sell a couple of my cars and try to snag one. I'd love to get a real 'cuda with a 340 or a 383, but I'd settle for a nice clone.

This one was pretty sweet, saw it at the Dream Cruise last year.

Comment

Too bad my scanner isn't big enough to get the whole picture. This is from the Aug 94 issue.

Best I could do with my scanner.

BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Hot bodies of the Summer was the title, IIRC.
                BTW, I always hated the posing girls.

Comment

Working...
                X