Why Felix Sabates is a tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Felix Sabates is a tool

Get the latest local Detroit and Michigan breaking news and analysis , sports and scores, photos, video and more from The Detroit News.

Yeah, Michigan has it's problems but to blame the stupidity of NASCAR on MIS and Detroit is a joke. Up until the COT tomorrow, I was an MIS season Ticket holder for 15 years. ALWAYS a good time.

Re: Why Felix Sabates is a tool

Last year 100,000 of those "unemployed" people showed up for each of the races in Michigan. :o Maybe this year they should all just stay home.

Comment

exile comedy from sabco

Comment

Guy is a Tool for sure.....Maybe the WWE mentality NApcar racing has taken in the last few years might have something to do with it's failing fan base???? Or is it the ride for 498 laps race for 2 laps at the end of the day???

Comment

you can blast him.. but he's right in aolt of ways..
          nascar got to big to quick...
          and that track may have die hard fans.. just like every track BUT alot of the poeple that where getting unemployment checks last year and could squeak in enough money to go.. might be off the rolls, but not back to work...
          when you can buy houses for 7 grand.. your economy hasn't come back.. and tho. what he said was harsh...
          it's not all that different than any other biz. man/womans sad.. but alot of sports are gonna see very low turn outs this year, and not just nascar..and not just that area of the country either..
          alot of tracks will be giving away tickets to try to fill seats...
          and it should be interesting to see if after he is blasted if he or the local paper is correct.. on the turn out..

Comment

I have tried to go to one of the michigan races last year but the money just wasn't there. I went to the spring race at talladega, and i think they might get a few more fans in the seats if the august race wasn't the same weekend as the woodward dream cruise every year. I would rather take my camaro to woodward then spend the gas money for a ticket to a fuel milage race. Ya just have to have priorities ;D
            Coming at you live from the birthplace of GM,Flint,Mi. Where your car is worth more than the property it's parked on.

Comment

I'm not much of a nascar fan, and I think this guy has just alienated allot of fair weather nascar fans by these statements. This is NOT smart business to go public with harsh, polarazing remarks. agreed - he's a tool, and proof that money can't buy class, or tact.

I went to one race at MIS - and it's miserable getting out of there after a race - simply not enough lanes to handle that much traffic all at once.

He can bash Michigan all he wants - but he fails to understand what many folks who don't live here don't understand.... Michigan is a lot more than Detroit, and a lot more than the auto industry.... many of us are still working and staying right where we are.

There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Working...
              X