Have you seen one of these lately??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you seen one of these lately??

When I went to buy a '68 Chevy for a friend of mine the seller told me he had some other cool old vehicles to sell too. Some were o.k. and then he took me to an outbuilding for this thing. It's an old VanCharger 1 ton 4 wheel drive. He bought it from the White Sands testing facility where it had some sort of laser equipped tracking device in the back. It's supposed to run, but had some minor problem that made them park it several years ago. I told him I was interested but have no idea what to offer him. Any one got any idea what it could be worth?

Re: Have you seen one of these lately??

Tell him $500 and see what he says!
    "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

it would make a good race car puller!!! offer $500
      like chad said!!
      COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

8 bolt wheels.....MMmm.looks like pre 85 from the grille...?

that thing would fetch 3 -4k up here....
        "IGNORANCE SHOULD BE EFFIN PAINFUL"

522 cubes on One Gun,doin' it on W's at full weight baby!

Comment

Nice one, Nik!

The Ford Alan featured would still get my vote as a family outing/camping/fishing rig.

This Dodge, though..........a set of BFG All-terrains, a lightbar with some old-school KC dayLighters, pulling a sandrail(dunebuggy?) on an open trailer headed to the desert(not White Sands Missile testing range, either) for some off-road fun!

I'd offer maybe $800(5 huns seems a bit low for what it is, but you could get lucky). If you can swing it, I'd jump on it!

Comment

Even with flat Tyres,that thing still sits pretty high. What Engine's in it(I hope it's a Slant-6...) ? ~J/W.

Comment

Originally posted by tiresmoke!
              Nice one, Nik!

The Ford Alan featured would still get my vote as a family outing/camping/fishing rig.

This Dodge, though..........a set of BFG All-terrains, a lightbar with some old-school KC dayLighters, pulling a sandrail(dunebuggy?) on an open trailer headed to the desert(not White Sands Missile testing range, either) for some off-road fun!
              X2 ;)

Comment

It's either a 318 or 360, the grandkid couldn't remember. He said he thought his dad was wanting 2k or 2500, but when I shook my head he said that was negotiable. I don't want to insult the guy, but if I could pick it up and either do some tradng with it down the line, or use it as a righteous 4 wheeler without too much outlay, then I would probably go after it.

Comment

Originally posted by Junk Whisperer
                  Even with flat Tyres,that thing still sits pretty high. What Engine's in it(I hope it's a Slant-6...) ? ~J/W.
                  if it's like the ones I've seen 318/auto not running 5 bills..

Comment

Originally posted by IRONHEAD
                    Around here, nothing with 4 wheel drive is that cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by Nik2
                      Originally posted by IRONHEAD
                      Around here, nothing with 4 wheel drive is that cheap.
                      well even so
                      it's a 318 or 360(don't thinks so but) and it's not running.. these things ate trannies. and exhaust manifolds..
                      if you can't buy it running and it needs a tranny and brakes..
                      it's not worth anything...
                      500.oo to 900.oo tops if you knew for sure the tranny is fine..
                      also the transfer case if like the dakota is chain.. and is it's downfall..
                      good luck.. even here.. with our winters it's 500.oo if not running and no idea if it needs tons of work..

Comment

you catch the miles on that van

Comment

Regardless, Mark.....you gotta admit it's a neat old van!

Comment

8 lug...5.5 inch?

I'd give 250 for the wheels. they fit an 87 subaru. :o
                            Previously boxer3main
                            the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by tiresmoke!
                              Regardless, Mark.....you gotta admit it's a neat old van!
                              yup..
                              when I worked a Foley Chrysler . we had a few of them .(new ) but man they where slow..

Comment

Working...
                              X