New race car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New race car?

I have determined my Fairlane is too heavy and large to ever go fast so i'm thinking of putting my 427 in a smaller lighter car, but still an old classic, whatcha think of this one?

Read the caption, it's a real car.

If i could get it down to 800lbs with driver (engine is over 500) it ought to fly!

Tom

Re: New race car?

heres rge pic for those who dont want to click on the link.

on another note, i think if you put some thought into it you can do it and it would be bad @$$.

Comment

Those Eshelman's have a nasty habit of turning left when you get the front wheels off the ground.

Try this one. Better aerodynamics.

I hope you didn't think I was serious. :o
      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

It all reminds me of the met with the bbc in it...let's see if I can find those pics...

pics courtesy of orange95z on another forum.

Comment

Here's one I found at a car show. My buddy Gregg has two of these Mets, but he won't let me do this to his.

BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Hey Tom, great idea. I have an old rear engine John Deere lawn mower that came with a 7hp Tecumseh on it (It makes about 9 really now) But an FE might squeak in there as a mid engine... I can't guarantee the aero.

Comment

I think we're on something. Or maybe on to something. I see no issue with the Metro. My Mom had one when I was in Jr. High (see entry on "Dumbest Car Thing"). Anyhow, I see this as another application for a 215 Buick. HP/Weight rules!

Dan

Comment

I wanted something sportier than a Metro but somebody else has already done a Sprite...

Comment

Most of the british cars have been done. There's a whole page of them here:
                  www.britishv8.org

Comment

Guys, everyone can make a small car go fast...! What's the fun in that ;D
                    www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

Well, to introduce a Studebaker touch here, check out the Larkette shown on this page.

These were promotional items dealers used/sold/gave away around '59 and '60. They resemble the Lark of those years.

Joe Roberts

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlockMopar
                        Guys, everyone can make a small car go fast...! What's the fun in that ;D
                        er...uh...going fast?

;D

Comment

Working...
                        X