Yet another Toyota recall, yet not about toyota thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet another Toyota recall, yet not about toyota thread

THIS IS NOT A SLAM TOWARDS TOYOTA.... with that said, do you think that GM is getting set up to fail with the Volt? The latest recall involves regenerative braking on the newest prius - but as there's a similar system on the GM cars, do you think that GM is going to pay the piper if the Volt is anything but perfect?
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Re: Yet another Toyota recall, yet not about toyota thread

If toyopet can't make it work,what are the odds that GM can?

oh yeah....GMs drive by wire systems seem to work ok....so far

I expect that getting the software right is one thing that's been delaying the volt. Not having affordable batteries that can do what's required might be another thing.
    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

maybe g.m. will test it long enough to get most the bugs out if it..
      I remember the 82-92 f body.. they shipped and fixed the issues on the fly..
      the new camaro took forever to get to the showrooms..
      and g.m. might have learned to .. test ,test,test and not release a car for production untill it's got most if not all the bugs out..
      only reason toyota SEAMED to have a better handle on this.. is all the cars where tested outside for years before toyota would ,sell them here..
      they don't have that freedom anymore..
      and ,well, lookie here... issues..

Comment

Originally posted by IRONHEAD
        and g.m. might have learned to .. test ,test,test and not release a car for production untill it's got most if not all the bugs out..
        only reason toyota SEAMED to have a better handle on this.. is all the cars where tested outside for years before toyota would ,sell them here..
        And didnt the new camaro have a recall just as it came out???

Comment

no idea , ask spidy

Comment

Originally posted by 88ponypowr
            Originally posted by IRONHEAD
            And didnt the new camaro have a recall just as it came out???
            There was a problem with a short run of transmissions, which I think were around 500 cars or so that were pulled back in to have the transmissions replaced.

Brian
            That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Regenerative braking seems like such a great idea, and seems simple too..... but it would be the devil himself to try to make it work.

I like that GM takes 4 years to get a car out..... but the tech hurdles to this would be awesome to try overcome..... I still am not convinced that a car getting 30 mpg using today's tech isn't less resource intensive then trying to make hybrids or even electric cars work.
              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Thingz are going to get a bit more interesting with this. Toyota is already about to lose a $Billion-Big ones with all this. See www.ft.com/toyota . ~J/W.

Comment

reflash recall , no biggie - NOT LIKE IT IS KILLING PEOPLE !!!
                  toyota has about zip for innovation in the car industry , they buy technology , a lot of it from GM , traditional home of all of the advanced technology in the world
                  plus there is no bigger NERDMOBILE than toyota , not even cop car cool

Comment

gm actually had a real live , zero emissions electric car in the 90s ..the ev1 ...available in california

Comment

So did Chrysler, the ev minivans, a couple are still being used. Looks kind of funny with about 30 regular car batteries in the back.

Comment

Working...
                      X