the '47

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the '47

so I built the 6 in my 47 and now with the cold here I got this bug in my ass to build another 283 like the first one i built when i was 16 real kool low buck hot rod stuff

so I figured what to do with it if i build it and while sitting in the garage finishing up an engine for a customer I remember I have a done power glide with converter baged on the shelf and I am like hmmmm '47 with a 283 and a glide could be cool

it is a low buck '50's looking mild custom looks like a kid in shcool in the '50's would have it I dig it and the idea of a v8 i dig more

so i am thinkin what about a rear end hmmmm I have a few '57 chevy rears all open and who knows what gears soooo
    I go to work today and get a call from the guy nextdoor to the shop
    he wants us to take the rear end in his basement to get it out of his way so I go ove r and it is the 3rd member to a 55-64 chevy rearend wow cool I bring it to the shop and it is a "P" case and it has 3:55ish gears in it soooo I think I have a low buck old school hot rod for no money what would you guys do ??

I could sell the driveline out of the car it was rebuilt before I bought it and make some do or would you leave it the way it is? the down side of the 6 is in'47 it was a 216 witch I don't mind but they are splash oiling and pored bearings.
    it is a fresh build but I wanna drive it and somebody restoring one might want it hell buy me a pizza and pick it up lol ;D
Working...
X