Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bakersfield...March Meet...2010...one month to go !!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bakersfield...March Meet...2010...one month to go !!!!!!!

I just realized the world famous March Meet is one month away !!!!....My Dart has a hollow engine bay....and the motor is in various pieces in various places....so..on to plan B...Plan B was a 73 New York with a 149lb per cylinder externally balanced 440...unfortunately our business is booming(yes I'm complaining I wanna work on my car) so my buddy has stepped in a pulled PlanB's heart right out....It's going to get an old set of polished and ported 915's....a .533 lift hyd cam...and a few other goodies...this motor will be built with bucket and shelf parts..LOL..the things I'll do to make the March Meet.

So look for my white Dart(It will look and sound like it runs 9's but hopefully will run 12's..LOL)

On a side note...if your planning on being there friday night me and my Dad are putting on a Tri-Tip BBQ and will have food for around 150 people.So come on by the D.A.R.T. Racing pit and get some grub.

BTW....my entry number is 007....and Dads is 008....think we like the March Meet.

So...who's going and who's gonna watch it here?....I think I'll see way too much of Chad that weekend.... ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
    The Beatings will continue until MORALE IMPROVES !!!!

Re: Bakersfield...March Meet...2010...one month to go !!!!!!!

Ron;I can relate to your issues.The chassis shop here in Camarillo put me 8 weeks behind schedule!! McLeod didn't help matters as I just got my new clutch.I need to modify the trans crossmember,paint the new cage,fab up a new tunnel and put the doors,fenders,hood and front bumper back on,and order a new driveshaft!!! Drag racing sure is FUN!!!! ROY

Comment

Hopefully you dont shred another hood right in front of me after doing all that work... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D....Thats been one of the biggest OH SH_T moments in drag racing.....LOL....ROY at least you know where you can get fed...I'm going car or not....maybe I'll bring the altered for a noise maker... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Comment

Ron;I don't know if you ever heard why the hood flew.It delaminated between the inner and outer skins,letting the outer part fly off and the inner explode.It scarred the crap out of me as the section attached to the hindges folded up over the windshield.I clicked it thinking the engine blew and made the first turnout where the safety guys were in my car before it stopped!YEE HAW!!!! The top has been attached to a new inner structure and is on another Comet,I got a new hood and reinforced it internally before paint!Kim Christionson[Eric's wife],has it on video,man that sucker went into orbit! C-YA at the MM,ROY.

Comment

Still trying to arange a trip out for a day but, it is not looking good at this point ..

Hi Roy, I assume you have that real nice light blue Comet ? I talked to you at MM in 2008 .

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chassisman
            I just realized the world famous March Meet is one month away !!!!....My Dart has a hollow engine bay....and the motor is in various pieces in various places....so..on to plan B...Plan B was a 73 New York with a 149lb per cylinder externally balanced 440...unfortunately our business is booming(yes I'm complaining I wanna work on my car) so my buddy has stepped in a pulled PlanB's heart right out....It's going to get an old set of polished and ported 915's....a .533 lift hyd cam...and a few other goodies...this motor will be built with bucket and shelf parts..LOL..the things I'll do to make the March Meet.

So look for my white Dart(It will look and sound like it runs 9's but hopefully will run 12's..LOL)

On a side note...if your planning on being there friday night me and my Dad are putting on a Tri-Tip BBQ and will have food for around 150 people.So come on by the D.A.R.T. Racing pit and get some grub.

BTW....my entry number is 007....and Dads is 008....think we like the March Meet.

So...who's going and who's gonna watch it here?....I think I'll see way too much of Chad that weekend.... ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
            BBQ? one of my favorite events just got better. What time's dinner? ;D
            STUGOTS

Comment

BIGDAD;yes I own the light blue 65 Comet,Thank You on the compliment.I'm in serious thrash mode right now trying to get the Comet ready for MM.The chassis shop held me up for 8 weeks and McLeod held me up on my new clutch!! I think I will be ready,4 months of work for a 10 second ride!! I must be CRAZY!!! ROY

Comment

Originally posted by groucho
                Originally posted by Chassisman

BBQ? one of my favorite events just got better. What time's dinner? ;D
                You'll have a ticket in your HOT ROD class entry packet. It will have the time and pit area we'll be in,we're usually at the end of the swap meet. Blake the track manager does a great job of making sure all the D.A.R.T. Racing gang is in one spot.

Comment

Originally posted by ROY
                  BIGDAD;yes I own the light blue 65 Comet,Thank You on the compliment.I'm in serious thrash mode right now trying to get the Comet ready for MM.The chassis shop held me up for 8 weeks and McLeod held me up on my new clutch!! I think I will be ready,4 months of work for a 10 second ride!! I must be CRAZY!!! ROY
                  It is a clean car for sure , we talked about your breather set up and your tips helped me get mine working properly
                  sigpic

Comment

What weekend in May is the March meet?

Comment

YOu guys who get to go just make me sick. I'll be spending the entire weekend driving around celebs to parties. Ugh!! And, those days are supposed to be my days off!!! This sucks out loud!!
                      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Daryl;are you going to make it out this year?If you do,stop by and say hello,we will probably be parked by the time slip booth again!!! Ron,I finally got my confirmation today,#066,I guess they have been busy[2 1/2 months]!! C-YA , ROY

Comment

Originally posted by Rebeldryver
                          YOu guys who get to go just make me sick. I'll be spending the entire weekend driving around celebs to parties. Ugh!! And, those days are supposed to be my days off!!! This sucks out loud!!
                          If you go Friday around 8AM, and leave by 1PM, you'll have seen PLENTY.
                          STUGOTS

Comment

First weekend in March for us newbies.

Comment

Originally posted by ROY
                              Ron,I finally got my confirmation today,#066,I guess they have been busy[2 1/2 months]!! C-YA , ROY
                              We got ours back really fast.....witihn a week of our faxing in the forms.......I may not be getting my car done...my Dads gonna try to get it ready but he just got his back together....I'll be there car or not.....but I really am lloking forward to the party...I need some stress relief...our Mexico cruise didnt get that done because the ship don't brun race fuel...C-ya in a few weeks.

Comment

Working...
                              X