Video from Urbanhillbilly "George Ray"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video from Urbanhillbilly "George Ray"

A little tribute vid for George Ray who passed away in Dec. of 2009, plus some highlights from some of Urban Hillbilly Action Videos many trips to George Ray...

Re: Video from Urbanhillbilly "George Ray"

is it me ? or would have to make sure if your life insurance was paid up for both driver and spectator!!....................wow! only in the south!!

Comment

Some of us from NC HAVE to do a recon mission to the Harrels track - it sure puts me in mind of George Rays'. A bit more refined - but not much IIRC. We'll get this together this summer sometime.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by groundpounder
        is it me ? or would have to make sure if your life insurance was paid up for both driver and spectator!!....................wow! only in the south!!
        No kidding - did you see the guy near the beginning sitting on the guardrail, draining his beer, while enveloped in tire smokey burnout ? If something blew they'd all be diving for cover or dead already.
        Phil / Omaha

Comment

Ohhhh I Love it! Short runs - reminds me of a hundred years ago. Now, THAT has got to be fun.

And there were a couple of haul-ass pickup trucks on there. Talk about a sleeper - my pickup truck can outrun that thing, boy. And you gotta mighty cute mouth, too. Did I say you look good in them jeans?
          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10
            No kidding - did you see the guy near the beginning sitting on the guardrail, draining his beer, while enveloped in tire smokey burnout ? If something blew they'd all be diving for cover or dead already.
            ...............how about the 30 gallon water barrel in the middle of the finish line! i cant beleive that he can even get any insurance to run that place?!!!! :o

Comment

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10
              ...............how about the 30 gallon water barrel in the middle of the finish line! i cant beleive that he can even get any insurance to run that place?!!!! :o
              The sign says, Run At Your Own Risk. Or something like that.
              Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

It's a privately owned, unsanctioned race track. I'd bet there is no insurance, unless his homeowners' policy covers it.
                That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

I think there are still plans for a group of B/S guys to meet & greet and race there on the 21st of March.

Comment

run at you own risk signs now a days mean nothing!

Comment

I am willing to bet all racers have to sign a release of liability.

Comment

ignore the lawsuits - LETS RACE !!!!! ;D
                        the charm of street racing with no oncoming traffic

Comment

run at you own risk signs now a days mean nothing!
                          I'll bet it does with that bunch.
                          "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

George was always know to have a revolver with him at all times. There weren't many disputes.

That track is it's own insurance.

No prep, crazy narrow, no real walls to speak of, water barrel at the finish line, people inches from the car. There are no suprises. Racing your car down that track is your own decision, there are no boogey men that are going to jump out and bite you at the place. It is all laid wide open for the world to see.

It's awesome and I love it.

Brian
                            That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Anyone know what is to become of it?

Comment

Working...
                              X