X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hot rod lincoln

speaking of charlie ryan...

check out this dudes hot rod lincoln.

This project is also completed and registered! Total construction time was around 12 months and all done in our workshop at Castlemaine Rod Shop. Rod always wanted to build the ultimate Hotrod Lincoln, so this is his idea of what that should be. The basis for the project is a Ford 1928 'A' model closed cab pickup. It is powered by a blown 1946 V12 Lincoln Flathead Engine. The blower is a George Wade GM 671 fitted with 3 Stromberg 97 carbies.

The V12 sidevalve engine has a Saginaw 4 speed gearbox with low ratio 1st gear custom adapted in our workshop. Power runs back to a 1948 Ford open tailshaft ute diff. Chassis is a 1928 A model Ford which has been stepped 12" behind the cab, v'd at the firewall and extended using two A chassis's. It runs 1948 hydraulic brakes all round with finned drums. The front end is 1934 Ford with a 2 1/2" dropped axle with lever action shocks and split radius rods using Ford truck tie rod ends to prevent binding (see pictures). A VW Kombi steering box is used. The rear end uses an A model spring with MG rear shockers.

The body is a 1928 Ford A model closed cab which has been channeled 4" with a steel pickup bed shortened 9". Wheels are 16" 1935 Ford wires widened 1". It runs Fordson tractor headlights and is painted in old time ratrod style. No shiny big dollar finish on this one! A host of period accessories have been fitted to keep with the theme including Buick imitation finned drum brake covers.

Re: hot rod lincoln

This thing is just too cool!

Comment

It's actually very well put together...

Rod and Carol Hadfield were our transportation onto Lake Gairdner a few years back... we hung out in his new shop and checked out all of his cool machines... he's actually got a paying museum there... LOL no kidding... with like 10 cars...

His shop is cool.. very tidy... oh and Tex Smith came by to hang out cause that's where he spends Lots of his time every year...

Keith

Comment

Awesome testament to History.

Comment

I would be proud to park something like that in my garage. I remember my dad telling me about building old lincolns when he was growing up. He said he raced them on the indian reservation in South Dakota.

Comment

Nice Rod!

Love the Blue and Red together.

I think I'll build a Model today.

Comment

Very cool, the blown V12 is a great touch...and I love the minimal use of "patina" .....its got just the right ammount, it looks used but very well built.....

Comment

That is a great looking truck.

That is a Lincoln that could drive me to drinkin'
                200 mph or bust.......

Comment

WOW that is just tits!!

Comment

Forgot to mention the seats are patato sacks with Kangaroo's on them... Very cool ...

K

Comment

Working...
                    X