No announcement yet.

5800 mile Chevette--auction ends soon!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5800 mile Chevette--auction ends soon!

big bucks for a very rare, low mileage car!

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Re: 5800 mile Chevette--auction ends soon!

My little brother had one.
    Not impressed.
    Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

3500 for a new car aint bad...much nicer than the crap I see around here for the same price...cheap and economical DD IMO
      If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

I would have actually been a player on it if it would have had a 4 or 5 speed in it, they make excellent vehicles to tow behind a Motor Home, I wore 2 of them out, I mean completely out!

Comment

Wow..Sweet one owner...Lmao A buddy of mine in the high school days had one, He cut the "che" off all the emblems and then would ask all the girls if the would like to take a ride in his Vette!.

Comment

Definitely a time piece and should be in a museum to show what idiots we all were for accepting this from our manufacturers back then. It can be placed next to my old neighbor's pristine 83 Citation. Our children can learn from our mistakes.
            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rebeldryver
              Definitely a time piece and should be in a museum to show what idiots we all were for accepting this from our manufacturers back then. It can be placed next to my old neighbor's pristine 83 Citation. Our children can learn from our mistakes.
              ;) We can only hope they learn from our mistakes. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Rebeldryver
                The children did learn. GM's bailout was the most vivid example of that.

Brian
                That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

heh...they'll be learning about that one for a long time!

After all these years, chevettes make me smile. It's been long enough that they have turned into a pretty funny joke.
                  My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

That was the worst insult my car ever recieved..... "Hey man, nice chevette!"

Comment

I hope it gets the locked front cambers to normal and the rare carbed 2.8 liter v6...

:o
                      Previously boxer3main
                      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

A few yrs ago... I had a Pontiac T1000....

This is the field next to my house, and a friend driving my race car. Friends don't let friends drive drunk. cause they crash into your landlord's porch and then bounce of his truck's front fender, an he gets pissed an you have to bend the front suspension back in place on your race car. everyone should find a field and a chevette and do this. its worth 3550$

Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

I drove one once....that was enough!
                          Tom
                          Overdrive is overrated

Comment

WOW! You guys are tough on Chevettes, I probably logged over 150,000 miles between the two Chevettes that I owned, I guess I'm not picky enough about what I drive?

Comment

learn from our mistakes... let's see, making cars that rust out in 5 years on salty roads, make cars patently unsafe because of a design defect, make unsafe cars that could be fixed by a cheap part....
                              Answer: Chev trucks, Corvairs, and Pintos... what do I win?
                              Or: Toyota trucks, Toyota Pruis, and all other toyota cars..... yep, they learned quite well from us.....

bonus round: produced cars that were needlessly redundant and undistinguishable to the common consumer?.... Ford/Mercury; Chev truck/ GMC trucks and any of GM's cars; Chrysler/Plymouth; Toyota/Scion/Lexus.....

Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Working...
                              X