The search begins.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The search begins.....

Well my divorce has been finalized awhile ago and my house is up for sale,so my search for a Muscle Car is starting....
    My boys are excited as much as I am!
    Looking for the oddball and unusual of course, Javelins,Hornets,Rebels.....maybe even Cougars Firebirds,Torinos,Cyclones and various others....scared too look too hard though until the house is sold and I have the cash!
    I am so looking forward when once again I drive some good old Detroit muscle!

Re: The search begins.....

Brad -
    welcome to the best car guy site on the net - I'm sorry you've had to share with so many of us in the hell that is divorce.

I lost a boss302 and a great labrador retriever when I went through it - and had to put a bunch of stuff in storage going from a house with a barn on 5+ acres in central Ohio to a 2br appartment in suburban Detroit.

This too shall pass my friend - the internet has given us a lot of great tools for searching out such gems, hopefully you can capitolize on the soft housing market and get yourself another place - with a big garage of course!
    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

You can do a lot of window shopping on Speed Channel or HD Theater who cover Barrett Jackson, Mecum, RM Auctions, etc. Then you might have a feel for price and get your drool motors revved up too. Good luck finding some fun on wheels. I've always wanted a 59 Corvette, but now I've added a 46 Chevy pickup street rodded, and I'd love to re-do and upgrade my 70 P/U, and, and, and, and, now I know how rich folks wind up with a barnful of cars.
      Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by Big Bad Blue
        Well my divorce has been finalized awhile ago and my house is up for sale,so my search for a Muscle Car is starting....
        My boys are excited as much as I am!
        Looking for the oddball and unusual of course, Javelins,Hornets,Rebels.....maybe even Cougars Firebirds,Torinos,Cyclones and various others....scared too look too hard though until the house is sold and I have the cash!
        I am so looking forward when once again I drive some good old Detroit muscle!
        Been through "it twice." First time I really lost my entire life, and all of my possessions (which were relatively few), but it lingered for more than a decade with child support payments that were never spent on the child by the aimless floating turd I chose to marry right out of high school.

The second one, I lost some household possessions. The easiest bad thing I've ever been through. A marriage of convenience to start with. What was I thinking to start with?

It took three tries. Sue Unit is the soulmate I should have married the first time.

And she looks exactly like my last wife.

My VERY last wife.

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

ive been there too! she was the best thing i ever got away from!!
          thank the lord for my new wife!!!!
          COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

O man the BIG D word.. Been there done that twice...Good luck on your search and welcome to the board !

Chuy

Comment

you can live in your car , but you can't drive a house

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
                you can live in your car , but you can't drive a house
                True, but if you live in a house that's not a home, you might as well sleep in the driveway anyhow.

Comment

Thanks for the empathy and warm welcome,ya its my second D..twice bitten-now terrified....and so my last!! Tough to go through that's for sure.
                  The Barrett Jackson show is a great view, I saw a primo AMX go for 35 grand! It seems the prices have dropped recently, I sure hope so.
                  Great site, you can blame Weldangrind for dragging me out of my cave to join last year lol.

Cheers!

Ya I remember my 69 Javelin SST's seats reclined nicely, spent more than one night in that car back in the day!!

Comment

Welcome Brad, I've been through 2, not looking for a third. Good luck to you on the car hunting!
                    "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

I managed to keep my cars and tools, she didnt want a bunch of stuff that didnt run, she just wanted cash. Child support is still kickin my tail, but I am on the upswing now and she will have a bit of a drop once the big honking checks stop in 4 years. The one I have know feels about the same I do about marriage, maybe if there is some money in it, otherwise we are more than content to live together and not fight over stupid stuff. Its not like either of us wants anyone else, I found one I can stand to be around, who is ambitious, industrious, and trustworthy. Sometimes I am amazed she is actually female!

Just so happens there is a 70 Javelin near Marquette Mi, and they want about $3k for it, it has mild rust (even for me) and seems to run but I am not sure if I would trust it to drive more than a few miles. Its gold in color and seems to be all there for the most part. Hey at least we are close to Canada, even if its the wrong end of it.

Comment

So, let's analyze the data. It may be easy to assume that being a Car Guy causes divorces.

I'm not a Car Guy at all. as I have stated here before. Was when I was a kid, or thought I was.

Soooooooo No, I can't complete the statement. I think shit just happens. Bad choices. It's so much easiser to see after it happens.

Comment

Dated ONCE(at age 20...),didin't like it. Never Married. Sister's all in the same Boat. Odd,considering we're the Daughters of a former Fredrick's-Of-Hollywood Model ;). ~J/W.

Comment

Originally posted by Junk Whisperer
                            Dated ONCE(at age 20...),didin't like it. Never Married. Sister's all in the same Boat. Odd,considering we're the Daughters of a former Fredrick's-Of-Hollywood Model ;). ~J/W.
                            Yeah ok. :

Sorry to hear about your bad luck BBB. Been there, done that and I even lost my dog. Luckily no kids involved, for that I'm thankful. Good luck with your search for a new toy. I'm sure someone around here can hook you up.
                            I R Bob
                            You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                            2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by Junk Whisperer
                              Once again this would be better with pics. ;D ;D
                              OH YEAH
                              Long haul 07. 08. 10, 11, and 13. Looking forward to 2014

Comment

Working...
                              X