Chad Comes East....I Go North

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chad Comes East....I Go North

Ok, so in a couple weekends Chad and I will be in event coverage mode.

Chad will be shooting photos and trying to make a nuisance of himself at the legendary Detroit Auto-Rama. He's going to be our point man on the show coverage for that evernt just like he was for the Grand National Roadster Show. He'll have the luxury of Cobo Hall and a comfy hotel room in the worst part of the city....that's how we roll.

Me? I'm headed to a frozen lake in Vermont to cover the Goldenchild Nationals, one of the craziest snowmobile drag races we have ever hear of. Guys are coming from all over the country to run the frozen 1/8 mile strip, four wide, in the low four second range at 140-150mph in the top classes. There will be sleds there making 500hp. I'm rolling in true BangShift style with a couple of buddies, Denis and Jay who will also be shooting the event for BS with me, in a motorhome that we'll park on the lake all weekend.

Both events are Feb 26,27,28th. If you're going to be in the neighborhood swing by and say hello! We love meeting and hanging out with fellow BangShifters.

**Bonus BangShift points are awarded to any BS'er who brings beer** ;D
    That which you manifest is before you.

Re: Chad Comes East....I Go North

It's winter and you're going farther North? You snow people scare me sometimes. LOL Who's going to be covering the Austin Roundup?

Comment

I've been to autorama many times so I know thats fun but Brian, you're gig sounds way cool(except for the motorhome). I would love to see that.

Cognizant Dissident

Comment

You're parking and staying in an RV on a frozen lake?!!! Um, I'd be sleeping in a dry suit and scuba gear.

Chad is getting old and not used to the cold of Michigan. He needs a sherpa to haul all that camera gear around Cobo Hall. I'm volunteering for the crappy duty.
        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nik2
          It's winter and you're going farther North? You snow people scare me sometimes. LOL Who's going to be covering the Austin Roundup?
          The way this winter's going, you're better off going north. It seems the farther south you go the more snow you get. Up here anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by moparmaniac07
            The way this winter's going, you're better off going north. It seems the farther south you go the more snow you get. Up here anyway.
            i live in maine and there is almost no snow in my driveway and about 2-3 inches on the lawn

its been a good winter :D

Comment

Originally posted by 1988montecarloss
              i live in maine and there is almost no snow in my driveway and about 2-3 inches on the lawn

Very true. They are flying and trucking in the snow for the Olympics because it's in the high 50's in Canada!!!! So that's where global warming went.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rebeldryver

Very true. They are flying and trucking in the snow for the Olympics because it's in the high 50's in Canada!!!! So that's where global warming went.
                high 40's here today ;D

Comment

Originally posted by Rebeldryver

high 40's here today ;D

Low 50's in LA today. And more rain.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

If Chad spends to much more time in the mid west he may have to move here.
                    Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Chad - I'm minutes from the Detroit metro airport - don't hesitate to call if you need anything!
                      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351
                        Chad - I'm minutes from the Detroit metro airport - don't hesitate to call if you need anything!
                        Snow boots probably.
                        Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by nesabo
                          Originally posted by milner351
                          Snow boots probably.
                          Naaaaah. Chad'll be just fine in his flip-flops. He's tough.

Comment

so I take it chad wont be at the Decatur swap meet in north texas then during that time frame lol
                            Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Who is going on Power Tour ?
                              Phil / Omaha

Comment

Working...
                              X