• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Consuming Cambarus / Astacus 101

Originally posted by sedandelivery55

No thanks,

I ain't suckin no mudbug.

Just think how brave (or starved) the first person to ever eat an oyster had to be! :o

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo Regal
      I like 'em but it sure is a lot of work for a tiny piece of meat. The payout after peeling a Gulf shrimp is a whole lot better!
      that's why dem coonazzes go for dat fat in da haid - - - - great taste more filling ;)

Comment

NO THANKS, Ahhz knows where da Beef is, i'll eat that and stuff that tastes like Chicken, BUT I don't like BUGS of any kind.

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes
          This is a serious question. Sometime in my mid-thirties, I became allergic to shellfish, likely because of the fairly high iodine content. The iodine comes, as I understand it, from the sea water that they live in. So, are crawdaddies OK for folks with shellfish allergies? Man, I miss my lobsters and shrimp and such! Maybe Dr. Seered has a professional opinion.

I appreciate any info you can provide
          Dan
          I've got a friend that's allegric to shell fish but he loves them. He says that one day he's going to get a couple lobsters and go to the hospital to eat them.
          Cognizant Dissident

Comment

You can find them by the hundreds in the Susquehanna River in PA. Haven't done it since I was a little kid, but we used to catch them and fry them in butter. Good stuff!
            The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

my fiancee was born & raised in New Orleans. She referred me to similar pictures on how to eat crawdads. seems nasty,
              but the stuff tastes GOOD!

www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Man, I LOVE crawfish!

I can only eat about a dozen or so... they are awfully rich. It is the same way for lobster with me, but I can eat shrimp or crab all night long!

Is it possible to get a spice rush from eating Cajun food? I am talking about where you have a buzz and start seeing things you're not supposed to see? I know when I eat jambalaya, especially with crawfish in it, I have crazy dreams afterwards. Just wondering...

Ron
                It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Dude,

Stop putting Peyote in your food....he he.

That ain't paprika!

Brian
                  That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
                    Dude,

Stop putting Peyote in your food....he he.

That ain't paprika!

Brian
                    Brian,

That ain't peyote, man! That's Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning!

HA!

Ron
                    It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Originally posted by NMCA_Ron
                      Man, I LOVE crawfish!

I can only eat about a dozen or so... they are awfully rich. It is the same way for lobster with me, but I can eat shrimp or crab all night long!

Is it possible to get a spice rush from eating Cajun food? I am talking about where you have a buzz and start seeing things you're not supposed to see? I know when I eat jambalaya, especially with crawfish in it, I have crazy dreams afterwards. Just wondering...

Ron
                      ?Dozen? - - you do mean a dozen pounds don't you??? The above batch was only 4# and I ate them all :

As far as getting a buzz and crazy dreams, crawfish has never effected me that way, however, I had some Brownies once :-[

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes
                        This is a serious question. Sometime in my mid-thirties, I became allergic to shellfish, likely because of the fairly high iodine content. The iodine comes, as I understand it, from the sea water that they live in. So, are crawdaddies OK for folks with shellfish allergies? Man, I miss my lobsters and shrimp and such! Maybe Dr. Seered has a professional opinion.

I appreciate any info you can provide
                        Dan
                        Hey Dan, I feel I/we didn't answer your question adequately
                        the other day, so here is what I found out !

Bottomline: you need to stay away from crawfish also !

Comment

Bummer. I was hoping...... Thanks for the info, though. I have stayed away from them, and I guess that will continue.

Dan

Comment

Working...
                          X