Round #2 of the big snow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Round #2 of the big snow

It started snowing last night. We had about 8" (on top of what we got Saturday) this morning when we got up, so it was pretty light overnight. I decided to go out and get a jump on the driveway so it will be easier when this crap ends. I started at the house, shoveling the walk. I shoveled about a foot or a little better off the driveway, took me one hour. By the time I was done, there was 4" on the walk again! Visibility is about 50-100 yards.

This is just after I came in. This was shoveled clean an hour before!

Yes, I shoveled snow into the back of my truck... for traction.

The snow is approaching the bottom of the mailbox, and the bird feeder. There is well over 2' of snow on the ground, and they're saying its going to be a while until it stops.

I think I'll call someone to come clear my drive... my back is murdering me.

Really hoping the power doesn't go off. I am almost out of kerosene.

How are things elsewhere?
    The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Re: Round #2 of the big snow

We're only expecting about 10-12" and it is just starting now....dude....you're buried!
    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

WOW Here we have the 2010 Winter Olympics and its like spring in Vancouver,what the hell were they thinking???

Comment

and to think i was bitchin about the temp dropping to around 40 degrees for a high thursday and some rain, I got nothin on you guys
        Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

after the 14 inches we got saturday, we were supposed to get 8-12, so far only about 4.

Comment

I see this huge snowfall as the Earth telling Washington and the UN: "That I can do what I please damn well when I please, bitches!"
            Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
            1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
            1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
            1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
            1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
            1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Two hours after the first pic of my walk...

The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

WOW

Gene - I feel for you.

Here in SE MI we've just gotten our first real taste of snow for the season - but nothing compared to what you've been covered with - worst case around here is 10".

Do you have a fireplace and some good dry wood if the power does go out?

man o man - that's some crazyness there!

Global warming my azzzzzz!
                There's always something new to learn.

Comment

I have a kerosene heater. Just got back from the store-- my little brother is playing taxi driver in his S10 Blazer with Mud Terrains. He is one crazy bastard. "Don't drink while I drive, you'll spill." "Who needs to go off-roading when there's roads like these to play on?"

Comment

We got a whopping 2 inches or so in the last 24 hours, on top of the 1 inch we already had ... about half an hour NW of Toronto. Good thing you guys don't live in Canada where it snows all the time. :P :

cheers
                    Ed N.
                    Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
                    07 Mustang GT with some stuff
                    88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

Well after 6 feet a week and a half ago and 2 more feet since then it looks like we may be in for a warming spell. It looks by the weekend we will be up around 52 degrees and higher by mid next week. We've dealt with 2 feet many times and even 4 feet in dec. 08 but this 6 footer kicked out butts, even those of us with small tractors were almost helpless. I went out and bought a Cat skid steer and now im pushing snow all over the damn place. My back cant take a whole lot of shoveling anymore.
                      Life is too short to drive boring cars!

Comment

D.C. got 55 inches of snow, new record -
                        Why bother shoveling the Lincoln Memorial steps - no one is coming today !
                        Phil / Omaha

Comment

We got about 3/4 of an inch all day but now its starting to stick.

Comment

Down here on LI, I figure about 6-8 inches has fallen... All heavy wet snow... I wipped out the snow blower so I won't have to worry tomorrow morning about the frozen solid snow... Still snowing though and the snow flakes are large enough to strap a saddle to...

Comment

About 8" here in the Binghamton NY area today.

I learned at work today, that not all of my fellow County co-workers should be driving plowtrucks, ugh!!!
                              Jeremy George in Windsor NY

Comment

Working...
                              X