X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: For those who insist on racing on public streets

Originally posted by Blazerteam
    Selfish,but we like it.As smokers and heavy drinkers.And what selfish people in general do.Everyone is selfish now and then.
    Bullshit. If you smoke, fine. It's your lungs. No problem. When you forcibly shove a pack of cigs in somebody elses mouth and light them I would have the same opinion. When you get behind the wheel after drinking heavy, same thing goes.

If you can restrict the risk to yourself, I could care less what you do. Go jump off a bridge. Fine. When you take somebody with you then you're beyond any rationalization. My strong hope is that when people who REALLY do this crap get caught, they get put in a jail cell with a big deviant named "Butch" for a long long time. Unfortunately, people who REALLY do this crap also end up causing "street racing" laws, which then unfortunately get mis-applied to people who do NOT. Just like the recent laws being passed outlawing NOS in street cars. They make even honest guys who are just driving their race car to the track criminals unless they remove the system.

Comment

You're just full of opinions aren't you?
      Originally posted by TC
      also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

I didn't want to get into this, because I have many offenses in my younger years (thankfully, with relatively slow rides). I've matured (a little) and won't race someone else on the street, but we have some long bridges around here that I use to get the thrill seeking out of my system. Last time I did a bridge run, the car was all squirrelly after I slowed down. I pulled over and saw the tread had separated from the tire in the front (S-rated tires going 150+), which were fairly new. I got real lucky.

My rationalization was that I was only risking my own life doing this. That is a bit lame, since I have a family and many others who would be impacted if I bit it. The big dilema for those of us with the thrill seeker gene and some sense of responsibility is finding a balance of safety and thrill. I think this is what you get at a track, but not all of us have accessible tracks around.

So my point of this is for those of us that think its OK to go nuts on the streets as long as we're only risking our own lives, if you bite it you'll affect a lot more than your own life.
        Tampa, FL

Comment

Originally posted by MadmanMark

So my point of this is for those of us that think its OK to go nuts on the streets as long as we're only risking our own lives, if you bite it you'll affect a lot more than your own life.
          You made a great point here.

Ron
          It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Bullshit. If you smoke, fine. It's your lungs. No problem
            Where do you come up with this asinine stuff?
            Ever heard of second hand smoke?
            My strong hope is that when people who REALLY do this crap get caught, they get put in a jail cell with a big deviant named "Butch" for a long long time
            Just for street racing? I just know your an angel?
            Unfortunately, people who REALLY do this crap also end up causing "street racing" laws, which then unfortunately get mis-applied to people who do NOT.
            If you don't street race then the law shouldn't affect you, just like armed robbery is 50 years but I really don't worry about it because Im probably not going to do it, are you?
            They make even honest guys who are just driving their race car to the track criminals unless they remove the system.
            What!!! Didn't you read the label that its not intended for use on the street?
            If the cops check the valve on the bottle and it turned on, then its in use and again using parts on the street that law says you can't makes you a bad, bad, bad boy and should be locked up with "Butch" yourself.
            AND, please note that I did not say that "I" did it. In your attempts to rationalize this crap, you unfortunately don't do real well in the reading part.
            So your on a car site but you never done any hot rodding on the street?
            Are you sure your a car guy or is that illegal to admit unless your on the race track??

Comment

Originally posted by ponchoman
              First of all, on the track the conditions are controlled.  Safety is a consideration.  So, it that car is next to me, it won't be for long.  Additionally, if that car is at the track it also got tech inspected - no matter how weak the tech was it's still more than many of the cars running around on the street.
              The track I go to, all I needed to pass tech was a double return spring.  The first time I didn't have one, and they still let me run, they said put another spring on for next time.  The other thing they checked was if I had a helmet, and asked if I needed it.  Something could have easily gone wrong and taken out the car in the other lane. They didn't check anything.

And for the record, the cornfields are mine.

Comment

Every few weeks a 'discussion' on here makes me wonder. Why we are slowly spinning out of control as a people and a country...

If those of you who feel the need to show off your manhood by racing on the street... Knock yourself out. It just proves you probably could not hack it at the track. Or you are just too afraid to find out how slow your car really is... ;D

For me, I will not do it. Not anymore. There are no arguments to be made to sway my opinon on this. Ever. I've seen what can happen, as I am sure a few on here have as well. There are too many variables that you cannot control. No matter how well planned and executed.

What really surprises me is that folks will ADMIT it on a public forum on the internet... I maybe not the sharpest tool in the shed, but... Come on... LMAO.

Comment

If those of you who feel the need to show off your manhood by racing on the street... Knock yourself out. It just proves you probably could not hack it at the track. Or you are just too afraid to find out how slow your car really is
                  Well it beats the hell out of sitting on the couch burping and farting so loud the neighbors call the law for disturbing the peace, now thats a real man!
                  For me, I will not do it. Not anymore. There are no arguments to be made to sway my opinon on this. Ever
                  Good don't but don't ever tell other people not to since you have done it.
                  What really surprises me is that folks will ADMIT it on a public forum on the internet...
                  Whats the cops going to do, come get a car I haven't got anymore?
                  I doubt the cops would throw you in the slammer even if you walked in there and said" Hey Jonnie Law, yea you sitting at the desk eating a cream filled bakers dozen.
                  I just got done doing 120MPH down the street racing your long haired hippie of a son who was driving your soccer mom mini van down the side walk tring to beat me!"
                  Anyone who don't want to street race don't do it, if your that scard but don't tell me I can't.
                  That makes me run right out and do a best 2 out of 3 with anything next to me!
                  You don't think anyone knows theres risk to it?
                  Theres also risk starring at your neighbors wife but you still do it.

Comment

Originally posted by ghustler
                    Anyone who don't want to street race don't do it, if your that scard but don't tell me I can't.
                    That makes me run right out and do a best 2 out of 3 with anything next to me!
                    You don't think anyone knows theres risk to it?
                    Theres also risk starring at your neighbors wife but you still do it.
                    I'll tell you that you can't. And if you do you're an ignorant a$$. You are deliberately taking chances with other peoples lives and property - and not giving them the choice. Don't give me some jacka$$ bullshit comparing it to second hand smoke. Pal, I ain't scared. I'm just not a complete jacka$$ that has absolutely no common sense or consideration for others. As for people who have done something and then tell others not to, maybe you've never heard of experience teaching. That's how people learn. Learn from the mistakes of others. It's one of the things that is supposed to separate the human race from animals. You obviously either don't know about the risk to others, or you just don't care - or both.

As for an earlier post - judging by the tone of this thread I'd guess I have more time at the track than you do on the planet - so let's not "ass"ume anything. There is a very close friend of mine who is missing a family member due to a street racing incident. And jacka$$ threads like this are partially responsible for people who are young and don't know better yet doing it.

Frankly, I'm guessing some of the folks who insist on doing this are the same folks who (if they actually finished high school) got their a$$ beat on a daily basis, and now they're trying to make up with it by showing off on the street.

Grow up.

Comment

John Stewart Mill, one of the guys who really formed the whole idea of personal liberty that this country was formed on, famously said (to paraphrase) "My liberty ends where your nose begins". Meaning that a person should be free to do whatever they so choose as long as it does not hurt or injure (emotionally,physically, financially,etc) anyone else.

Let's look at some recent headlines to see if street racing follows that basic tenant.

Texas man dead in suspected street racing death.

Guy gets 15 years for killing 8 at a street race
                      A Waldorf man pleaded guilty Friday to eight counts of involuntary manslaughter, admitting that he caused the car crash in Accokeek nearly two years ago that killed eight people at an illegal street race.

Second teenager arrested in fatal street racing wreck

Man convicted of killing 5 at street race
                      Examiner has transformed into a major player in financial news. Think stocks, crypto, banks - if it's about money, it's on Examiner.com.

Drivers plead not guilty in street racing deaths

Man pleads guilty in fatal street racing wreck

11 injured in street racing wreck

No need to go on.

Chad and I are not going to defend, endorse, enourage, or romanticize street racing. I'm locking this and will delete it soon enough, but safe it to say we are NOT of the opinion that street racing is a good thing.

Brian

That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Working...
                      X