Aussie V8s - The Greatest Show On Wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aussie V8s - The Greatest Show On Wheels

The Australian V8 Supercars Series starts next weekend with the first races in the Middle East. Launched with a major media campaign featuring Pink - see it here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHZFPE2TQgo

Good to see some fresh marketing in to motorsport but some feel there's too much emphasis on creating a bigger and better show and not enough on improving the actual racing.

Re: Aussie V8s - The Greatest Show On Wheels

but it is on a road corse - snoozerama

Comment

Bathurst at Panaroma a snoozerama, I guess your narrow minded about more than just your brand loyalty ;D
      Jeremy George in Windsor NY

Comment

Drag racing is for fast cars,

Road racing is for fast drivers ;D

Comment

Of all the worlds road racing series,i find the Aussies series most entertaining.Mostly because of the engines,but also the hard racing.Check out these vids from Bathurst 1000 in 2008.pure awesomeness.

Race start.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Final laps.

Comment

I would love to see a modern NASCAR vs. V8SC showdown at Panaroma for some prespective. Hmmm?

Comment

Originally posted by mustang13
              I would love to see a modern NASCAR vs. V8SC showdown at Panaroma for some prespective. Hmmm?
              While Spidey is one of my heros, I'm with Jeremy on this topic. After watching the clips courtesy of Arild, IMHO any snoozerama is in part due to substandard camera management/photography/video , that starting clip is bitchin
              a.k.a. - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

Originally posted by arrowhead
                While Spidey is one of my heros, I'm with Jeremy on this topic. After watching the clips courtesy of Arild, IMHO any snoozerama is in part due to substandard camera management/photography/video , that starting clip is bitchin
                Spidey doesnt think uni bodys can match those full framed COT cars..hmmmmmm.In the first vid here(race start 2008)they clearly have over 180 mph on a track thats about 1/3 of a Nascar track in width ;D ;D.

Comment

On a track like Mount Panorama there would be no contest - the V8Sc would be much quicker due to their lighter weight and better brakes. I couldn't find any lap lines but years ago when the Champ cars used to race on a Street Course on the Gold Coast they also raced road course NASCARS there as a support race and none of the teams could keep their brakes cool enough to stop the heavy cars from smacking the concrete walls. they used al sorts of set ups with chilled water being pumped through the brake calipers and massive air ducts in the front splitters.

I'm not saying V8SCs are better than NASCARS, I like them both, but on a road course the V8 are better suited.

Are you able to get any of the V8SC televicion coverage in the USA?

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
                    but it is on a road corse - snoozerama
                    Soooo Narrow minded mate, perhaps we should universally go around in circles in chevys to keep you happy

Comment

Working...
                    X