Just Another Old Part.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Just Another Old Part.....

Never tried asking them. Besides, that would take all the fun out of it.

The hardest part is now overwith, that is, burning out the old/new rubber. Just have to put a bandaid over the missing skin on my finger, then clean the mount, again. I'm out of time for another run today, tomorrow is another day.

Comment

just think the next one will be easy,
      that doesn't help. uh

Comment

If I were dedicated, I would stay late tonight and get this thing done.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike-Casella
          If I were dedicated, I would stay late tonight and get this thing done.
          it's winter ,cars going no where..
          call it a day

Comment

Just call me Dedicated Mike. It's ready to go back in again. Should take about 40 minutes.

Comment

Dude...wow! Normally there's a dust trail headed toward the door at 4pm. :D
              That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

35 Minutes and counting. You don't want to be standing near the door when the 5:00 bell rings. hahahaha

Comment

I'll bring your evil compression tester back to you tomorrow. It caused me to pull my whole motor apart. :'(

20psi in #2 cylinder. Ring fail!

Brian

Comment

Maybe it was a clogged fuel jet and it dumped too much nitrous into that cylinder and burnt a hole down the side. Naaa.

Comment

Me thinks it is an ancient cast iron ring that hated the fact I pressed it back into service when I revived the truck.

"Screw this, I'm OUTTA here." :D

I'm doing it the bangshift way, by re-ringing that one cylinder.

Comment

Well, this just proves that I am not perfect. I had yet another failure and I'm not afraid to admit it. It took me till I was half way home to realize where the problem is. No, it's not me. It has to do with the injection holes in the two pots. I may have made them too small for the amount of rubber I'm trying to force thru them. They should be cooled off enough when I get in tomorrow, so I can open them up a few sizes. Then I'll give it another go.

Comment

Tomorrow's another day. Even if you had to do it another hundred times, if the hundredth time was right I'd still be impressed.
                          Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Here is the culprit with it's little tiny holes just laughing at me the entire time. They knew they were too small, and refused to let me in on it. The only ones feeding the mount are the three top ones, the others are blind.

This was the result of too little. One side ended up with more than the other, and neither one had enough.

This is the mold in the press. It just barely fits. If you look close enough, you can see quite a bit of rubber oozing out near the top at either end. This was the first giveaway that there was going to be a problem. I weighed one of those extra blobs, and subtracted that from the amount I originally put in each pot. It took about 40 seconds before it stopped oozing out, and it was then that I knew it wasn't going to work. It weighed half as much as what I put in. In the end, it was not a quantity issue after all, so after tomorrow's hole fix, I'll go back to the original amount I started with.

Comment

Mike...

Dave and I will be stopping by when we venture up that way this spring.....I have got to see your place.

Seth
                              200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Great! I'll start cleaning the place up.

Comment

Working...
                                X